Saturday, October 3, 2020

More Tales of Symphogear

Hi again! I've been making my way through the Symphonia event and translating as I go. If you're interested, here are translations for stage 4 and stage 5. I hope to update this post with stage 6 and maybe 7 later tonight. My goal is to have finished the whole thing within the next few days. Thanks for reading. :)

Edit: Stage 6 TL added! (Note: spelling of "Leciel" changed to "Luciel". Given what we find out about him, this seems more fitting).




Stage 4: Onward, to Search the Dungeon


Kanade: It’s pretty crude, but we’ve set up our base and gathered plenty of food supplies. So, it’s time to search the island again.

Tsubasa: In terms of where we should search, I’m very curious about those ruins.

Presea: It’s possible that Genis and the others have been captured and trapped inside by someone. 

Colette: Good point. That would explain why he vanished so quickly. 

Maria: Well, that decides it. We’re going to thoroughly search through the ruins. 

Lloyd: Yeah. So no more talking, let’s get moving!

Tsubasa: There don’t seem to be any beasts around.

Kanade: Neither is that huge one we saw. I guess now is our best chance to get inside.

Lloyd: Right!

-They go inside the ruins-

Colette: This place seems like it could fall apart at any moment.

Presea: Yes. And it’s also incredibly… quiet. Despite the fact it’s supposedly a den of beasts.

Maria: Everybody stay alert. Enemies could come at us from literally any direction.

Lloyd: True that. Let’s proceed with an abundance of caution.

-They keep going-

Tsubasa: It’s a dead end… No wait, it looks like there might be more past this door.

Kanade: Okay, leave it to me!

-She shoves the door-

Kanade: It won’t open… Is this door busted?

Lloyd: Hey, look over there. There’s something next to the door.

Tsubasa: Objects that depict a flower, the sun and… the moon? What are these?

Colette: Um, I think these are probably a puzzle we have to solve to get by the door.

Lloyd: There’s usually hints to the solution close by… here we go.

Maria: Ah! There are similar pictures drawn on the wall!

Presea: These are clearly moon patterns, which means the sun is on the opposite side… and so if we line the flower piece up here…

-There’s a noise and the door opens-

Kanade: Whoa! It actually opened!

Lloyd: Yep, piece of cake.

Tsubasa: You figured it out so quickly… but how?

Colette: We’ve had to solve a lot of similar riddles in ruins and caves and such during our journey. 

Tsubasa: I see. How reliable.

Maria: And now there’s a shining floor… seems like some kind of new riddle.

Colette: Stepping on it changes the color. Okay, so…

-They solve and proceed-

Tsubasa: Another door. But how can we use that switch we saw to open it?

Lloyd: Nothing happens if you push it, huh?

Colette: Hey! There’s a mirror over here!

Maria: A full-length mirror in a place like this? How odd.

Presea: There’s light coming in from the window. Oh! Perhaps if we use the mirror to reflect light at the switch…

-The door opens-

Kanade: Wow! Awesome!

Tsubasa: Our search of the ruins is going really smoothly thanks to them.

Kanade: It’s a huge help! I totally suck at stuff like this.

Maria: You’re all very impressive, being able to solve these puzzles so quickly and with ease.

Colette: Hehehe, you think so?

Lloyd: I guess we can hold our own without Genis around.

Presea: Oh… we’re at the next door.

Kanade: There’s a switch right next to it. Maybe this one doesn’t have any fancy tricks?

Lloyd: No, wait just a se-

Kanade: Boop!

-She pushes the switch-

Kanade: Huh?! The ceiling opened up instead of the door!

-Monsters drop down-

Kanade: What?! A bunch of beasts came from above!

Lloyd: That switch was just a fake!

Kanade: D-damn, I didn’t realize that could be a thing!

Maria: Learn from your mistakes later! Right now we need to fight the beasts off!


-Battle-


Kanade: If you’re feeling tired, then let us handle this!

Kanade: That’s the last of them.

Colette: That was a close call. Here, have an Apple Gel.

Maria: Thanks, that helps a lot. 

Tsubasa: Hard to believe that making the wrong choice causes beasts to just appear…

Presea: It looks like the real switch was hidden under this rock here.

Kanade: Sorry guys. I caused us some real trouble…

Lloyd: Nah, forget it. We’ve made a billion mistakes on our adventure thus far.

Kanade: I guess puzzle solving has to be done slowly, making sure we take the time to think things over.

Luciel: That is correct. At the very least, you cannot just wantonly press buttons or switches.

Maria: Hey, it’s you! So, you really did go inside of the ruins.

Luciel: Indeed. I snuck in the other day while you were all fighting the beasts. Thanks to that, I’ve made great progress on my investigation. 

Luciel: Or, at least, that’s what I’d like to say… the truth is that there have been so many traps and beasts I haven’t been able to get around much. 

Lloyd: That figures. That’s what you get for going off by yourself.

Luciel: If you don’t mind, I’d like to accompany you again…

Colette: We can’t just abandon him. Nobody minds, right?

Lloyd: Sure. But be careful not to wander off on your own again.

Luciel: Yes, of course.


-Intermission-


Luciel: There’s nothing in this room, so we can just ignore it. 

Luciel: Oh, please avoid going that way. There is a den of beasts further along.

Luciel: If you turn right here…

Maria: You seem awfully familiar with the layout here.

Luciel: Yes. As I told you once before, I’ve explored on my own a number of times. Allow me to be your guide.

Lloyd: With all these beasts around, I’m surprised you managed to get so far and survive just on your own.

Luciel: Well, I have been here for many years. I’m very accustomed to hiding from beasts.

Lloyd: Uh-huh. 

-Beasts appear-

Kanade: Beasts?!

Presea: I thought you were an expert at hiding from them…?

Luciel: Yes, well, they do get the drop on me occasionally. Please fight them off!

Maria: Time to do our duty. Let’s take these ones out before anymore show up!

Lloyd: …..

Lloyd: (I don’t care how good he is at hiding. There’s no way he survived for years bumbling around like this… right?)


-Battle-


Kanade: How many is this now?! 

Kanade: This is weird. Aren’t there just way too many enemies?

Tsubasa: I agree. The paths we take and the rooms we enter all seem to be backfiring on us.

Lloyd: It couldn’t be…

Luciel: Huh? M-me?!

Luciel: Are you saying I’m intentionally leading you into places with beasts?!

Maria: After so many encounters, it’s only natural to be suspicious. 

Presea: Yes…. it is most unusual. 

Luciel: It’s not my fault! The beasts become much more active inside of the ruins!

Colette: More active?

Luciel: Yes. I don’t know what the cause behind that is, however. So I would ask you refrain from placing the blame on me.

Colette: I didn’t realize that.

Colette: Anyways, it would be nice if we could find a safe path. Then we could-

Colette: Eek!

Lloyd: Colette?!

Colette: Owie, owie, owie. I fell down again…

Colette: Huh? I thought I heard something near my feet just now.

Colette: Uh oh!

Tsubasa: Don’t tell me, is it another trap switch?!

Colette: I-I’m so sorry…

Maria: No apologies, just get behind me!

Colette: Right!

-A big crash-

Lloyd: Did the wall just fall apart…?

Presea: I don’t detect the presence of any beasts. Apparently this was not a trap. Perhaps this is… a hidden passage?

Kanade: That’s awesome! I can’t believe they found this! You didn’t even know about it, right?

Luciel: Y-yes… I was unaware.

Colette: O-oh dear… I broke a whole wall. I hope that’s not a problem…

Tsubasa: Let’s proceed inside for now.

Presea: It connects to a room of some kind.

Lloyd: I wonder what’s inside? Wait, this is…

-A sword is stuck in a stone platform-

Lloyd: That looks very similar to the Eternal Sword.

Tsubasa: (That sword actually resembles the one I saw when we were transported here…)

Luciel: Is that the Eternal Sword you’ve been searching for?!

Lloyd: It looks like it, but I’m not actually sure yet. Let’s get closer and try to verify.


-Intermission-


Lloyd: Even up close, this looks like the real deal to me. But…

Presea: This platform… it seems to be part of some device and the sword is incorporated into it. 

Colette: Hey, Lloyd. Is that really the Eternal Sword?

Lloyd: Hard to say… I mean, if that’s the case, then how did it end up in a place like this?

Maria: Is there any way for you to identify it?

Lloyd: I might know for sure if I grab hold of it. Here I go!

-Rumbling-

Lloyd: Huh?!

Tsubasa: An earthquake!

Kanade: Guys! Stay low and cover your heads, we gotta make it through this!

Colette: It seems like the quake has stopped.

Presea: That was the biggest one we’ve experienced so far. I’m glad this place didn’t come crumbling down on us.

Maria: Considering the timing… did touching the sword trigger the quake? Or was it just a coincidence? 

Lloyd: I might have picked a really bad moment to try. Let me give it another go.

Luciel: You must not touch that sword.

Lloyd: Why not?

Luciel: That’s no ordinary sword. The device that the sword is part of is creating the space-time that this island exists in.


-Intermission-


Luciel: To be honest, I have actually visited this same room once before. However, I got here via a different route from the passageway we just took. 

Luciel: What I discovered upon investigating was that this device is responsible for producing our current space-time.

Luciel: That being said, the power of this device is not perfect. That’s why space-time is collapsing right now.

Tsubasa: So why exactly did you not mention any of this before?

Luciel: Out of precaution. I had only just met you people and there was nothing to assure me you were trustworthy. 

Maria: Well, I suppose we feel the same about you.

Maria: Anyway, if that device is responsible for producing this space, then wouldn’t we able to go back to our worlds if we destroy it?

Luciel: That is certainly one possibility. However, it can’t be done flimsily. 

Kanade: What do you mean by that?

Luciel: If you strike the device with too weak of a blow, you may only make it malfunction and hasten the destruction of the island.

Luciel: Just like what happened when that boy touched it.

Lloyd: So that’s what the earthquake was about…

Luciel: That’s why, in order to escape this island, we must find a way to fully destroy the machine in one fell swoop. 

Kanade: I get you. So in that case-

Lloyd: Hold on. This sword built into the device… it might be the Eternal Sword that we’ve been looking for.

Presea: But, according to this man, this device has been here for a number of years - right?

Luciel: Indeed. At the very least, it has been here since the time that I arrived on this island.

Presea: We were only sent here a few days ago. And the Eternal Sword disappeared at the same time.

Presea: In which case, the sword that’s currently stuck in this platform must be a different blade that only resembles the Eternal Sword. 

Lloyd: You might be right about that. But the Eternal Sword has the ability to manipulate even time itself. So anything is possible.

Lloyd: Besides, when I touched it earlier, I sensed some sort of power.

Lloyd: But it was just for a moment, so I can’t be 100% positive. That’s why, I’d like to grab hold of it one more time…

Tsubasa: Okay, you should investigate it closely to try and be certain.

Kanade: Right, this might be our best chance. Who knows when that giant beast is gonna come after us again.

Maria: Yeah, go ahead and examine it all you want.

Lloyd: Are you sure? I might just be making the situation with the island worse.

Colette: The Eternal Sword is of absolute importance to us. You should do what it takes to make sure. 

Presea: Agreed. If we find out this is just a fake… then we can destroy it right away.

Luciel: I can’t stop you at this point. Feel free to go ahead.

Lloyd: Thank you. Okay guys, brace for another earthquake!

Lloyd: Here I go!

-Beasts appear-

Lloyd: Beasts?! Where did they come from?!

Kanade: From the hidden passage we took earlier!

Presea: It will be disastrous if the device gets damaged by them…

Tsubasa: Right, let’s fend them off!


-Battle-


Tsubasa: Stay in front of the device and keep it safe!

Lloyd: Okay but there are way too many beasts! We’re not gonna hold out long…

Lloyd: Ugh!

Tsubasa: Are you okay?!

Tsubasa: Agh!

Maria: Tsubasa!

Colette: Lloyd, look out!

Lloyd & Tsubasa: Not good!

-They are flung back by an attack-

Maria: (Both of their hands landed on the sword stuck in the platform…?!)

Presea: This is bad! The quake is way too strong, it may even make the whole ruin come crumbling down!

Kanade: Forget about running, the temors are making it hard to even stay on my feet!

Colette: Presea, look out! The ground is splitting!

Presea: Aaah!

Kanade: Dammit! Grab hold!

Kanade: Aaagh!

Maria: Oh no, Kanade and Presea!

Tsubasa: Did they fall through the floor?!

Lloyd: Let’s go after them! The quake has died down, so everybody jump into the hole!

-Beasts appear-

Lloyd: Crap!

Maria: Even more beasts… we can’t get close to the hole now!

Tsubasa: No choice, we’ll have to pull back for now!

Lloyd: Ugh…



Stage 5: A Lucky Break?!


Lloyd: ….

Tsubasa: We managed to get back to the base in one piece.

Lloyd: I…

Tsubasa: Are you having regrets about the last battle?

Lloyd: Yeah…

Lloyd: We were in enemy territory, but I let that sword distract me and dropped my guard. And now we lost friends as a result…

Tsubasa: Do you honestly think those two would meet their end that easily?

Lloyd: Hm…

Tsubasa: Kanade is far stronger than that. I absolutely believe that she’s still alive. 

Lloyd: ….

Tsubasa: What about you?

Lloyd: Same here… I’m gonna believe in them! Presea wouldn’t die from something like that!

Lloyd: And that goes for Genis too! Everyone will get back together and we’ll return home for sure!

Tsubasa: Yes, that’s right.

Lloyd: Thanks for knocking some sense into me. This isn’t the time to wallow in pity.

Lloyd: I have to believe our friends are safe and start thinking about what our next move should be!

Maria: Looks like he’s back on his feet.

Colette: I was worried since you seemed so depressed. 

Lloyd: You guys… you were listening?

Colette: I also believe in Presea and Genis. I know those two are doing just fine!

Lloyd: Right. Sorry for worrying you.

Tsubasa: You said you were going to check on our remaining supplies. How are we looking? 

Maria: We’ve totally run out of Gels and Holy Bottles.

Colette: It seems like we used the last of them in that battle earlier…

Lloyd: It took all we had just to make it out of there. We had no choice.

Maria: And also, it seems like Luciel has vanished once again.

Tsubasa: He was with us at least partway through our retreat from the ruins… perhaps he went off somewhere again.

Lloyd: You know, that guy is nothing but suspicious.

Maria: Yes, but there’s no point fretting about it. Let’s focus on what our next step is.

Tsubasa: Right. We never figured out what that device really was…

Colette: Did you figure anything out from touching it, Lloyd?

Lloyd: …I felt something when I touched that sword.

Maria: So, then it must be…?

Lloyd: But, I also felt like something was out of place…

Maria: Out of place?

Lloyd: I’ve handled the Eternal Sword once before.

Lloyd: I can’t explain it clearly, but what I felt now was somehow different from when I handled it before. 

Lloyd: At the same time, I can’t be sure of anything unless we look into it some more. I’m sorry I couldn’t be of more use…

Tsubasa: Well, that’s unavoidable. You only were able to touch it for a brief moment, after all.

Tsubasa: For right now, we’ll put aside the mystery of whether the sword in the device is the Eternal Sword or not. 

Maria: What we do know is that unless we completely destroy that device, we won’t be able to get out of this space. 

Lloyd: And if we fumble any moves against it, things will turn out just as bad as they did earlier… If we want to destroy it, then it’s all or nothing.

Colette: But on the other hand, if that really is the Eternal Sword, then we can’t destroy it…

Lloyd: Without it, we can’t unite Sylvarant and Tethe’alla and the world will be ruined…

Lloyd: What the hell should we do?

Tsubasa: ….

Tsubasa: (There are ways for us to get back home. But it seems those methods will require making a great sacrifice…)

Tsubasa: (And in the end, we must decide upon an answer. Regardless of what shape it takes…)


-Intermission-


Presea: Nng… where are we…?

Kanade: Ah, nice to see you awake.

Presea: I remember… falling into a hole.

Kanade: Yep. We were lucky it didn’t drop us into a den of beasts or a river or something. 

Kanade: Are you hurt anywhere? I’ve got some Gels left, so eat on up.

Presea: Thank you so much. I imagine things would have been much worse for me without you here. 

Kanade: Oh pshaw. Friends always help friends, right?

Kanade: Anyways, once you’re feeling up to it we need to figure out a way to get out of here.

Presea: Right. We fell into an underground space. Are there any paths back up?

Kanade: I busted down a few walls and found a path that connects to the ruins. I’m betting it’s connected to the topside somehow. 

Presea: …I think you’re much more of a spitfire than I am.


-Battle-


Presea: Please just let us through here!

-She defeats some beasts-

Kanade: There’s a bunch of beasts living around here too, huh?

Kanade: It’s gonna be tough for just the two of us to make it through the ruins.

Presea: We’re going to need to coordinate more closely than we were before.

Kanade: Yeah, I hear you. How do you usually team up with others? 

Presea: My weapon requires me to make large swings that leave a lot of open space. So I tend to work best with long-range support or quick attackers who have a variety of moves.

Kanade: …That’s a problem. I’m the same type as you, I blow my way through with big attacks. Fighting with limited space isn’t really my thing…

Presea: Yes, you do certainly seem to have a similar style.

Kanade: Well, there’s no point forcing ourselves to pick a formation or anything. That actually might end up making us feel cramped, anyways. 

Kanade: Let’s just do our best to match each other’s tempo while in battle. 

Presea: During the battle, really?

Kanade: Yeah, the fact that we have similar styles probably means it’s easier for us to get into the same tempo. 

Kanade: Besides, you said it yourself.

Presea: Huh?

Kanade: That we’re similar to each other!

Presea: …Yes. I believe you are also someone who understands the pain of loneliness and the irreplaceable value of friends. 

Kanade: Yep. So I know we’re gonna make a good pair!

Presea: …Yes. Let’s do our best. 

Presea: Gasp!

Kanade: What’s wrong? Beasts?

Presea: Not beasts. It feels like… a human presence? 

Kanade: I might be Tsubasa and the gang. Let’s go check!

Kanade: Someone’s in this room…

???: I hope Lloyd and the others are okay…

Presea: This voice… it sounds like Genis.

Genis: Ah! You came to save me!


-Intermission-


Kanade: I never imagined you would be stuck in a jail cell…

Genis: No matter how I tried to break out, nothing worked.

Presea: These do certainly seem to be extra tough iron bars. Who put you in this place?

Genis: We can talk later. If we don’t hurry, you two are gonna get discovered!

Kanade: True enough. Our priority should be getting you out of there! Okay, stand back as far as you can.

Genis: R-right…

Kanade: I’m gonna slice right through these stupid bars!

-She attacks-

Kanade: Not even Gungnir was able to lay a scratch on them…

Genis: No luck, huh… Okay, how about you try looking for a switch on your side that might open the door?

Kanade: Good call. That would make things simple.

Presea: I believe… there is a switch in this room. Let’s split up and look.

-Time passes-

Kanade: Here’s a super obvious switch.

Presea: Yeah…

Kanade: But we already learned that switches like these tend to be fakes. Let’s look around more.

Kanade: Here we go! I just knew there’d be another hidden switch!

Presea: Yes. Now can save Genis.

Kanade: Okay, let’s do this. Boop!

-Rumbling-

Genis: Whoa! The walls of the cell are closing in on me!

Kanade: O-oh no, was the second switch a fake too!?

Genis: I’m gonna end up a pancake soon!

Presea: The real switch should be somewhere.

Kanade: We don’t have time to find it. Times like these call for brute strength!

Kanade: Come on, Presea. Help me destroy the iron bars!

Presea: Understood!

Kanade: How are they this strong?! Even the two of us together aren’t making a dent!

Presea: What do we do?

Genis: Look behind you! There are beasts coming!

Kanade: Damn, they heard the noise we were making. We need to defeat these guys first!


-Battle-


Kanade: This is the last one!

Kanade: We dealt with the beasts but…

Presea: The walls of the cell are already so close together!

Genis: It’s okay, you two. Just forget about me…

Kanade: What are you saying?

Genis: It’s too late! Leave me behind and get out of here!

Kanade: Not happening. We’re not leaving you and we will save you, so listen…

Kanade: Don’t give up on living!!

Genis: Don’t give up… on living?

Kanade: C’mon, stand back! I’m gonna have another go at the bars!

Presea: I’m not going to give up on saving you either!

Presea: Guh… the steel is too hard. But I’ll try again!

Genis: You guys…

Genis: Okay, I get it. I won’t give up either! I’ll figure out some way out of this!

Kanade: That’s the spirit! Let’s do this!

Genis: Huh? That sound just now… Hey! Try attacking the same bar that you just hit!

Kanade: Okay, got it!

Genis: For some reason this bar sounds different from all the rest. I think… this one is more deteriorated!

Presea: Then that’s the one we need to hit!

Genis: So close… but it won’t break. You don’t have enough power.

Kanade: No problem. In that case we’ll just hit it at the same time! We have to match up our timing perfectly!

Presea: But we’ve never even practiced…

Kanade: We can do it! I said it before, right? We make a good pair!

Presea: Right!

Genis: You nailed it!

Kanade: See? Matching each other happens naturally.

Presea: Amazing. It’s almost like we’ve practiced it before…

Kanade: C’mon! One more go!

Presea: Huh? Oh, right!

Genis: You hit it again! Just a little more!

Presea: We’re going to make it, no matter what! So don’t give up until the very end!

Kanade: We’re gonna save you, so just hang tight!

Presea: My Exsphere is glowing…?

Kanade: I can feel… a power rising! This must be Presea’s…!

-Kanade’s gear transforms-

Presea: Her armor transformed?!

Genis: What is going on?!

Kanade: A resonance change?! But no time for explanations! This time we’re gonna break that bar!

Presea: Yes!

Kanade: This is the end! Get wrecked!!

-They attack-

Genis: The bar broke!

Kanade: Now! Get out!

Genis: Uaagh!

Genis: W-whew, that was close. Like literally by a hair!

Presea: I’m so glad you’re safe.

Kanade: Sorry, it’s my fault the trap got activated.

Genis: Don’t worry, there’s nothing you could have done. Anyways, thanks for saving me.

Genis: It was thanks to both of you that I was able to hang on.


-Intermission-


Kanade: Outta the way! We don’t got time to deal with you!

-She defeat beasts-

Presea: What incredible power…

Genis: You called it a “resonance change” earlier, but what does that mean?

Kanade: To put it simply, the gear responds to my inner perception of power and changes based on that.

Kanade: At that moment, I felt the power from Presea’s Expshere. And that’s when Gungnir responded to that resonance and changed its shape. 

Genis: I see. That explains why you look so similar to Presea now.

Presea: …That was difficult for me to understand.

Kanade: To be honest, I don’t really get how it works either.

Kanade: But I think that my gear and your Exsphere responded to our strong desire to save Genis. That’s what matters. 

Kanade: So in other words, I wouldn’t have been able to save him without you there. So thanks, Presea. 

Presea: Not at all… I didn’t do anything that requires thanks.

Genis: Yeah, if anyone is doing the thanking it’s gotta be me!

Genis: Anyways, I’m frustrated that everybody had such a hard time cuz I got myself caught.

Presea: I’m just glad you’re okay. Everyone else was worried about you, too.

Genis: P-Presea! Th-thank you!

Kanade: Speaking of which, who is the one that captured you?

Genis: Oh right! It was some guy named Luciel! He said he was gonna use me as part of his experiment!

Presea: Wait a minute. What… did you just say?

Genis: I said that he planed to use me as a subject in his experiment! It’s totally outrageous! 

Kanade: No, that’s not what we meant. Are you saying the name of the guy who did this to you was Luciel?

Genis: Yeah, I’m sure of it. Do you guys know him?

Kanade: Yeah… I thought he was suspicious. But he might be far more dangerous than any of us expected.

Presea: I wonder what kind of experiment he’s trying to do.

Genis: Umm, well…

-Beasts appear-

Kanade: Here we go again. No time for chitchat now!

Presea: We need to get out these ruins and meet back up with Lloyd first. They need to know about Luciel.


-Battle-


Kanade: This place is full of beasts and built like a maze! Where are we supposed to go?!

Presea: The fatigue of multiple battles is starting to wear us down.

Genis: …..

Kanade: Another crossroads. Uh, I guess we should head right for now.

Genis: Wait! Going that way will lead us back to where we were earlier. We need to go left.

Kanade: Do you know the way?

Genis: I don’t know the whole layout, but I’ve created a map in my head of the places we’ve been.

Kanade: That’s a big help. Sorry, but this place is just a bunch of nonsense to me.

Genis: I’ll return the favor for you saving me! Just let me handle this!

Genis: The room down that way is one we haven’t been to yet!

Presea: Okay, let’s check it out. Be careful though, since anything could be inside.

Presea: Right.

Luciel: ….

Kanade: Wait, that’s Luciel!

Presea: Be quiet. He’s trying to do something.

Genis: There’s someone else inside laying on a bed. Wait, is that…?!

Luciel: Yes, have a taste of some pain…

Man: Ugh… s-stop it! Please!

Presea: The person laying on the bed seems to be struggling! His body is morphing!

Kanade: Is he turning into a beast?!

Genis: So, this is the experiment he was talking about…

Luciel: You seem to be in so much pain. Let me save you.

Presea: He’s injecting something again… What is that blue medicine? 

Man: Ugh…ugh… waagh…

Kanade: The man who was struggling is calming down now?

Kanade: Screw it, we can’t stay here watching any longer! Let’s move!

Luciel: Wha?! How did you get in here?! You got swept up and died in the earthquake!

Kanade: We came back to wring your stupid little neck. Be grateful!

Luciel: That’s not going to happen!

Presea: Beasts! I just knew that Luciel was controlling them!

Genis: We have to hurry after him or he’s going to get away!

Kanade: We have to get rid of these beasts first!



Stage 6: The Truth Revealed


Yggdrasill: Luciel, I’ve decided that you are no longer welcome here.  

Luciel: P-please wait a moment, Lord Yggdrasill! What is it that I’ve done?! 

Yggdrasill: You betrayed me. You’ve been using Exspheres for your own personal gain. Did you think I wouldn’t find out?

Luciel: N-no, you’re mistaken! All of my research is for the sake of producing a new High Exsphere!

Luciel: If we can complete the High Exsphere with its own internal key crest, then surely it will become useful as a replacement for the Cruxis Crystal!

Yggdrasill: I don’t need to hear your boorish excuses, your exile has already been imposed. Be grateful I left you alive. 

Luciel: Uwaagh! M-my Cruxis Crystal!

Yggdrasill: You have no use for it anymore.

Luciel: Give it back! It belongs to me!!

Yggdrasill: You pathetic fool!

Luciel: Gwaaagh!

Yggdrasill: This belongs to no one at all.

Luciel: ….

Yggdrasill: Farewell. My former brethren. 

Luciel: *Panting*… I can’t die yet…

Luciel: I will have my revenge on Yggrdasill! He will pay for getting in the way of my research!

Luciel: From right here… from nothing… I shall construct my vengeance. 

Yggrdasill: You fell into a gap of space-time and survived, eh Luciel? 

Yggdrasill: However, there is nothing you can do from there. Enjoy whittling away your time for eternity…


Lloyd: Colette! Hey, Colette!

Colette: Huh? Lloyd…? Um, what are you doing here?

Lloyd: What do you mean? I was worried because you were groaning really loudly!

Tsubasa: Did you have a nightmare or something?

Maria: I’ll prepare you a warm something to drink. It will help calm you down.

Colette: A dream… that’s right! I had a dream! Lloyd, I saw another fragment of Mithos’ memory. This was one from back when he called himself Yggdrasill. 

Lloyd: Mithos’ memory… what happened in this one?

Colette: For some reason Luciel was in this memory…

Lloyd: Luciel?! Are you serious?!

Colette: He was doing research to develop a new type of Exsphere. When Mithos found out about it, Luciel was exiled.

Colette: And it seems like at that time, his Cruxis Crystal was stolen by Mithos. 

Lloyd: Exspheres and Mithos… are you saying that Luciel is an angel?! 

Tsubasa: Hold on a second, we don’t understand any of this.

Lloyd: Uhhh, angels are people from Derris-Kharrlan and Mithos is…

Lloyd: Forget it, there’s so much to explain that my brain is gonna explode. All you need to know is that Luciel is a bad dude for sure!

Maria: Well that’s easy enough to understand.

Tsubasa: It appears that he’s deeply involved in this whole affair. 

Lloyd: Let’s start tracking him right away. There’s only one place he could be!


-Intermission-


Lloyd: Where are you, Luciel?! We know you’re here! Show yourself!

Luciel: Enough of that, please. You mustn’t raise your voice so loud. What will you do if you attract a group of beasts?

Lloyd: Tell me. How are you still okay after having your Cruxis Crystal stolen by Mithos?

Luciel: ….

Luciel: I have no idea how you discovered that little fact, but I’ll tell you it was because I had this.

-He displays a shining sphere-

Tsubasa: Is that a… jewel?

Luciel: This is something I created as a product of my research. This is a High Exsphere, which has its own internal key crest - eliminating the need for one!

Luciel: After Yggdrassill stole my Cruxis Crystal, I used it on impulse. 

Colette: A High Exsphere with its own internal key crest… Can it really be true?

Luciel: A revolutionary breakthrough, yes? However, it is still incomplete! There was a problem!

Luciel: And thus, it was necessary for me to use you all as guinea pigs to complete it!

Maria: Wait, are you saying you brought us here just for that?!

Lloyd: What’s the point?! What good comes from completing that thing?!

Luciel: Oh, that’s obvious. It’s so that I don’t become like this!

-He transforms into the giant beast-

Tsubasa: That’s the huge beast that attacked us outside the ruins!

Colette: So that thing was Luciel the whole time?!

Luciel: Indeed. I have no time left. The Infidore I spent so long to create is nothing more than an imitation. 

Lloyd: “Infidore”? “Imitation”? Enough with all your mad scientist bullshit!

Luciel: This space will soon disappear and that will be the end of everything! 

-He attacks-

Lloyd: Ugh!

Colette: Lloyd, are you okay?!

Lloyd: Yeah, but…

Maria: Even if we wanted to ask more, we’re past the point for words now!

Tsubasa: If he’s the cause of everything, then let’s take him down!


-Battle-


Luciel: WHERE IS THE HIGH EXSPHERE?!

Luciel: AND THE ETERNAL SWORD! GIVE IT ALL TO ME!

Lloyd: Is he trying to steal away our Exspheres and the Eternal Sword?!

Maria: I can fend off his attacks, but that’s about it!

Colette: Maria, I’ll cover you!

Maria: Thank you, but don’t put yourself out too far. Taking the full brunt of one of those attacks could kill you!

Tsubasa: He’s incredibly powerful. His strength is on a completely different scale than the beasts we fought so far!

Lloyd: How can we beat this guy?!

Luciel: THE ETERNAL SWORD BELONGS TO ME!

Tsubasa: Dodge, Lloyd!

Lloyd: Damn, no time-!

-A slashing sound-

Lloyd: W-what was that?

Kanade: Looks like we have perfect timing. You guys okay?

Lloyd: Nice save! Thanks a bunch! Wait, what’s with your outfit?!

Kanade: It’s a long story. 

Presea: Sorry to be late. We’re here to back you up.

Colette: Presea! You made it out safe too!

Genis: You guys are just helpless without me, huh?

Lloyd: Genis! Where the heck have you been, man?!

Genis: Sorry to worry you. But right now, we gotta deal with this monster!

Lloyd: It’s no good, Genis. Our attacks hardly do anything to him!

Genis: Okay, then what should we do?!

Lloyd: Let’s retreat for the time being, now that we know everyone is safe!

Genis: Roger that! I’ll lead the way. We can use the confusing layout of the ruins to shake him off!

Tsubasa: Sounds good. We’ll let you lead the way. I’ll cover our rear!

Lloyd: Thanks!

Genis: Okay, this way!

Luciel: RAAAGH! GIVE ME THE ETERNAL SWORD!

Luciel: GIVE ME THE HIGH EXSPHERE! THE CRUXIS CRYSTAAAL!!

Kanade: That thing is on a total rampage! Has it lost its mind or what?!

Presea: This is our chance! Everyone focus on making a break for it!

-Time passes-

Lloyd: …Is he following us at all?

Presea: It doesn’t seem so. I believe that we managed to escape.

Kanade: That was a real pain in the ass. It was screaming all that weird stuff. What’s the deal?

Tsubasa: That was Luciel.

Kanade: What?!

Kanade: We actually saw Luciel performing some really vile experiments not too long ago. 
Maria: Experiments… They must be related to his ultimate goal.

Lloyd: We should take a minute to sort out everything we know.

-Time passes-

Tsubasa: I see…

Genis: It seems the device with that Eternal Sword-look alike might be the key to getting out of here. 

Genis: I would like to get a good look at it myself.

Lloyd: Yeah, I want another chance to check the sword.

Maria: Okay, let’s go back to that room one more time. Luciel has lost his sanity right now, so we should be able to.

Kanade: Okay, let’s hurry and make tracks!


-Intermission- 


Lloyd: This is the place.

Genis: It really does look just like the Eternal Sword…

Tsubasa: How do you want to do this?

Lloyd: Delivering any shock to the device would only make things worse with the island. So we need to be very careful. 

Kanade: You’re the boss man here. Get it done.

Lloyd: Okay, but if something goes wrong-

-A growl is heard-

Tsubasa: It’s Luciel! He followed us all the way here!

Lloyd: He couldn’t have picked a worse time!

Luciel: GIVE ME THE ETERNAL SWOOOORD!

Lloyd: Why the hell are you asking us for it?! Isn’t the sword stuck in this device the Eternal Sword?!

Luciel: Without it… I cannot accomplish my goal… GIVE ME THE ETERNAL SWOOORD!

Tsubasa: He’s attacking! Talking to him isn’t going to work!

Kanade: Guh… this is a bad place to fight!

Colette: If any of his attacks hit the device, then…

Lloyd: (Actually, if we just destroy the thing in one blow then everybody may be able to get back to the original worlds…)

Lloyd: (But if there’s even a slight chance that this is the Eternal Sword, then I…)

Luciel: Ghrragh… it hurts… the Cruxis Crystal… the High Exsphere… GIVE IT TO ME!

Presea: Ugh… he’s strong…

Tsubasa: Bear with it. All we can do right now is protect the device from him!

Lloyd: I…!

Tsubasa: Don’t hesitate! You have a duty to save your world!

Tsubasa: Which means throwing away your only means of doing that isn’t an option!

Lloyd: …! 

Luciel: GIVE ME THE ETERNAL SWOOOORD!

Tsubasa: Can I hold him off…?

Tsubasa: (What’s this? My back feels like its on fire. Is this coming from that sword I picked up?)

Tsubasa: Straightforward attacks like this should be manageable! 

-She blocks and then counters-

Lloyd: That move… was that one of mine?!

Tsubasa: Hm? What did I just do? Did the sword make me do that?

Luciel: WITH THE ETERNAL SWORD, I CAN CREATE MY IDEAL WORLD!

Tsubasa: Ideal world?

Colette: Ideal world… Eternal Sword… I’m remembering…

-Flashback-

Luciel: It’s complete. An artificial Eternal Sword. I hereby dub it: The Infidore! 

Luciel: With this, I shall be able to create my ideal world!

Yggdrasill: …..

Yggdrasill: Luciel… Your lust for power knows no bounds. Much like my own.

Yggdrasill: However, your desires will never come to fruition. Not with that forgery you created. 

-Returns to present-

Colette: J-just now… I saw Mithos…

Luciel: GIVE ME THE ETERNAL SWORD!

Lloyd: Look man, I’m telling you we don’t have it!

Colette: Infidore. I see, that’s what that sword is!

Colette: Lloyd! The Eternal Sword over there is just a fake!

Lloyd: Huh?! A fake? What do you mean?

Luciel: GIVE ME GIVE ME GIVE MEEEE!

-Explosion and rumbling-

Genis: Not good, another quake!

Presea: Did something hit the device?!

Tsubasa: This fight is too intense. It’s only a matter of time before one of his attacks manages to hit the device!

Lloyd: Colette, you can explain later. Right now we need to leave this room! Get him to follow us!

Colette: Right, sounds like a plan!


-Battle-


Lloyd: Genis! You sure this is the right way?

Genis: Yep! If we keep going this way there should be an intersection!

Genis: Wait, what?!

Tsubasa: The path is blocked off?!

Kanade: It must be his doing. That rampage earlier must have caused all this rubble blocking the way.

Genis: No way!

Luciel: THERE IS NO TIME! GIVE IT TO ME NOW! ALL OF IT!!

Maria: He’s already caught up to us!

Genis: Then we just have to get past him and go back the way we came. If we do that, we can escape via another path.

Kanade: No, going back is too dangerous. We’ll just blow all this rubble out of the way!

Presea: Please fend off Luciel in the meantime. 

Tsubasa: Good luck, you two. We’ll cover your backs and engage him in interim! 

Luciel: GIVEEEE MEEEE!

Colette: Eek!

Maria: Look out!

Maria: I’ll block this one-!

-Maria covers for Colette with a shield-

Maria: What?! His power is growing even greater!

-The shield breaks-

Maria: No! He broke through the barrier! I’m gonna take the hit!

Colette: Maria!

Maria: Colette?!

Colette: Aaaagh!

Maria: Colette!!

Lloyd: You bastard!

Maria: Colette! Can you hear me?! 

Colette: I’m glad you’re okay Maria…

Maria: You shouldn’t have been so reckless just to try and protect me!

Colette: I’m okay… this isn’t a big deal for me…

Maria: You’re a mess! Just stay put!

Colette: Ugh… ah…. ah….

Maria: It’s not just a normal injury. Something is weird…

Lloyd: What the hell did you do to Colette?!

Luciel: UUGGHRAAGH!!!

Lloyd: Answer me, Luciel!!

Tsubasa: Get back! There’s no point trying to talk with him!

Genis: Wait, is this what Luciel talked about before?

Presea: Do you know what’s going on?

Genis: Yeah, maybe…

-A crashing sound-

Kanade: Alrighty, sorry to keep you! The path is clear now!

Luciel: GRAAGH!

Lloyd: Damn, we have to get out of here. 

Lloyd: Hang in there, Colette! I’m gonna save you no matter what!


-Battle-


Kanade: Okay, this is the last wall!

Presea: Right!

-They smash through-

Kanade: We can see the outside now. That means we can say goodbye to these ruins, keep it up everyone!

Maria: Colette, hang in there just a little longer!

Colette: I’m okay… really…

Tsubasa: Everybody made it out. Now all that’s left…

Luciel: ETERNAL SWOOORD!

Presea: I’m beyond tired of hearing you say that!

Kanade: You just stay put in these ruins, big boy!

-They destroy part of the building-

Kanade: Good, he can’t get out from there.

Presea: Yes, but whose to say how long that will last. We need to hurry back to our base.

Kanade: Yeah, I’m worried about the state Colette is in.

-Time passes-

Maria: How is Colette? 

Presea: She’s sleeping right now. However… it’s clear she’s not in very good shape.

Lloyd: What’s happening to her? Genis, did that guy tell you anything?

Genis: Yeah. When he captured me I pretended not to know anything and coaxed a lot out of him.

Genis: Luciel said that he developed a poison in order to create a new Exsphere.

Genis: It was a poison that induced pain and fear…

Tsubasa: Why make something like that?

Genis: Exspheres are awakened through human suffering. 

Genis: So it seems Luciel theorized that by continuing to induce a greater level of suffering, it would then produce and even greater awakening.

Genis: But he said the majority of his subjects couldn’t withstand the pain and died, or turned into beasts….

Maria: How absolutely loathsome…

Kanade: I see, that explains the medicine we saw him using in his experiment that turned that guy into a beast. 

Genis: Apparently that poison takes affect even on angels. He said that was another part of his revenge… against Mithos.

Lloyd: So then, if we don’t find a way to extract or cure the poison - Collete is gonna turn into a beast?!

Tsubasa: Is there no antidote?

Genis: He didn’t mention anything about one…

Presea: The experiment we saw him doing… When he gave the man that blue medicine, it seemed to calm and return him to normal.

Presea: Maybe that’s it…

Genis: Oh yeah! That could be an antidote! 

Lloyd: Okay, so if we get to the ruins then we can get the antidote!

Lloyd: Meaning that we can save Colette!

Tsubasa: And if she recovers, we can ask her what she meant earlier. 

Lloyd: When she said that Eternal Sword was “fake”, right? It sounded like she had realized something.

Maria: In either case, we’re going to have to into those ruins again.

Kanade: Which means another battle with Luciel.

Lloyd: …We have to go regardless.

Colette: Ugh… hnnnh…. haah..

Lloyd: It’s okay, Colette. We’re going to figure this out. Just please hold on for a little longer.


To be Continued  


No comments:

Post a Comment