Wednesday, September 27, 2017

So you want to go to Symphogear Live 2018...

With the first BD/DVD volume now released, we have all the necessary details regarding the concert and how to get tickets for it. In this post I will be explaining the various methods, official and otherwise, on how you can attend and also provide an general FAQ for those who have never been before.







Concert Details

Location: Musashino Forest Sport Plaza

Date: Saturday March 3, 2018 and Sunday March, 4 2018

When: Concert starts at 5 pm on Saturday, and 4 pm on Sunday

Price: 8,000 yen (about $70) for 1 ticket (via lottery)

Cast in attendance: Aoi Yuki (Hibiki), Nana Mizuki (Tsubasa), Ayahi Takagaki (Chris), Yoko Hikasa (Maria), Yoshino Nanjo (Shirabe), Ai Kayano (Kirika), Yuka Iguchi (Miku), Minako Kotobuki (Saint Germain), Shota Aoi (Cagliostro), Rina Hidaka (Prelati)



How to get tickets officially


You can enter a lottery to buy tickets by getting a code from a copy of either the BD or DVD for volume 1(Saturday tickets) and volume 2 (Sunday tickets) of Symphogear AXZ. You can purchase a copy from Amazon.jp, CDJapan or Amiami.

If you live in Japan

The ticket lottery is conducted through Ticket Pia
Register an account at pia.jp (it will require a Japanese address and phone number)
Visit pia.jp/v/symphogear18 to enter your code from the BD or DVD
You can apply starting from September 27, until October 16 (for Saturday tickets)
Or you can apply starting from October 25, until November 13 (for Sunday tickets)
Results will be announced on October 19 (for Saturday tickets)
Or results will be announced on November 16 (for Sunday tickets)
If you win, you will receive an email notification and request for payment
Tickets will either be mailed, or can be printed from 7/11 starting on February 3, 2018
You can enter as many codes as you may like

If you live outside of Japan

You can send me an email at zoidzero1@gmail.com and I will enter your code as a proxy. If you win the lottery for a ticket I can accept payment through paypal and will either mail your ticket or give you the ticket in person after it can be printed on February 3, 2018.



How to get tickets unofficially 

After the lottery results are announced on October 19 and November 16, scalpers will start putting their tickets on Yahoo Auctions Japan and Ticket Camp for purchase. **NOTE** If you purchase a ticket during this time you will NOT know where your seat is. Winners of the lottery will not know their seating assignments until after the tickets have been physically printed on February 3. Around that time, ticket prices will fluctuate depending on their seating assignment.

If you live in Japan

Follow this guide for purchases on TicketCamp
For YAJ, set up a free account and then you can pay via 7/11 on most auctions (look for 簡単決済)

If you live outside of Japan

You can make a purchase request through a proxy service such as Rinkiya, FromJapan or Buyee.



FAQ




What is the difference between Saturday and Sunday?

At the 2016 concert, the set list was exactly the same for the Saturday and Sunday performances. So you won't miss any songs by only going to one day. However, the speeches by the performers were different each day and the announcement at the end of the concert had more details on Sunday. It is likely that the Sunday performance will later be available for viewing on BD/DVD, so if you have to choose one day then I would recommend the Saturday performance for the most unique experience.

How much will it cost me to get a ticket unofficially?

That depends on a lot of things, mainly: when you buy it and what the seat assignment is. If you buy it before February chances are you'll be paying double the base price, so about $140 (not including proxy fees). However, after the seating assignments are announced then the front area seats can go for hundreds, if not thousands of dollars. Inversely, the seats located farther away get cheaper and cheaper but normally never are as low as the originally lottery price of $70, so be prepared to pay more than that.

What are the odds of winning the lottery?

Nobody knows, it's completely random. Japan has a very strange ticket culture where you can pay for premium memberships in clubs or on ticket websites to increase your chances, or people buy multiple BD/DVDs to get as many codes as they can. However, from my past experience I can tell you I've entered over 30 unique codes and won a total of 0 tickets. So it's completely luck based, and even if you win the lottery you have no idea if your seat will be good or not.

So which method do you recommend?
I hate to say it, but auctions are the safest way to assure yourself a ticket if you live overseas. It's simply not worth investing money in buying multiple BD/DVDs in the hopes of scoring a ticket. However, if you bought a BD/DVD as a collector and have a code then it doesn't hurt to try your luck - you never know! Otherwise, Yahoo Auctions tend to be the most popular way to buy tickets outside of the lottery. Sometimes you might be lucky if you search for people selling spares on twitter, or worst case scenario there are usually scalpers selling tickets outside of the event itself.

Are there any risks with buying tickets from an auction?

Generally speaking, no. If you win the auction before the tickets can be printed, then you will be provided a number which can be used to print the ticket. Or if you win an auction for a specific ticket, then it will be sent to you. At some concerts they do check the name on the ticket with an ID, but it's very rare and usually they make an announcement beforehand if that will be the case. So far a Symphogear concert has never done that and many people use secondhand purchased tickets to attend.

Will I need anything special for the concert?

Nope, just bring yourself and your ticket! However, it's important to note that concerts in Japan DO NOT allow cameras and if you try to take photos or record videos during the performance you will be asked to leave.

How do I buy the concert goods?

More details will be released at a later date, but usually around 10 am they open the booths outside of the venue which sell all of the exclusive concert items. People can arrive and start lining up as early as 5 am the day of, and things will often sell out within the first few hours. However, every Symphogear concert thus far has had the concert goods available for internet purchase at a later date so unless you can't wait then there's really nothing to worry about.




That's it! If you have any other questions, feel free to comment below!


31 comments:

  1. Is this all just for the lottery tickets? Would you be able to give some info on getting general tickets?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As it stands, general sales have not been announced and if they do it won't be until after the lotteries. But the process for general tickets is the same as the lottery and without a Japanese address and payment method they're impossible to get overseas. Not to mention the fact they always sell out within the first few minutes of being available.

      The Japanese concert ticket market is really terrible.

      Delete
  2. How much do you think that each ticket will cost in an auction, at least in your opinion? How much should I be ready to spend?
    Do you think that they will run out really fast?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well like I said in the FAQ, it depends on when you buy the ticket. If you buy it before the seating assignments are announced it'll usually run about $100 - $140. After the seating assignments prices go up or down depending on where the seat is located. Of course, I'm only basing this off of last year, and the series has become more popular so prices might go even higher this time.

      There will definitely be tickets available on auction sites for a long time, I don't think they will run out. People usually wait and try to get the cheapest price so if you are willing to put down enough money it's not hard to get.

      Delete
    2. I really appreciate the reply, I'm just missing the tickets to decide if I travel or not. Based on what you wrote, I should be able to get them. Thanks a lot.

      Delete
  3. oh yea 1 very important note!

    PLEASE BRING WATER! VERY IMPORTANT lol
    totally regret for not bringing a water bottle, i cheer until my throat dry lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to bother again, but I want to know your opinion.
    You see, I usually buy some stuff from amazon jp, using my Tenso address or one of my friend's addresses and I pay with my debit card from my country, I never had a problem.

    So my question is, would it be possible to do the same process with TicketCamp?
    I mean creating an account, and then buying the ticket, I mean the code will arrive by email right? there should't be any problem.
    What's your opinion on this one?

    Again, thanks in advance.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ticketcamp's website says they don't accept credit cards issued outside of Japan as forms of payment: https://ticketcamp.net/help/c111/200/ So you might have trouble with that.

      Delete
  5. I emailed about you entering codes as a proxy, just wanted to know if you got it.

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  6. Do you know how many tickets you can buy if you win the lottery? I know for other Lives you can buy 2 tickets with some even letting you buy up to 4. I can't find any information about it for this Live.

    ReplyDelete
  7. One quick questions, I´m running over the tickets at ticket camp, mos of them say, 残り134日, does that mean that I´ll have to wait that amount of time to see if I win the bid?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Usually, if you look at the bottom the listing it has a date next to: "出品終了日" which it when the listing ends. However, if the auction is marked with this kanji: "即" it means you can purchase it immediately without having to wait until it ends.

      Delete
    2. Thanks for the help I was able to get 2 one for myself and one for a friend, so now we just need to way until February to know the correct seats right?

      Delete
    3. Yep, tickets get printed on February 3rd and show the seating number.

      Delete
  8. Were general tickets sold in previous Lives? Should I wait for something else to be announced after the lottery ends or buy the ticket right away?
    Also, a friend of mine looked at the info (I know zero japanese) and thought concert was going to be split in two, one part each day, which is weird from any concerts I've been/heard of and I don't is the case xD but want to make sure

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There were a small amount of general tickets sold for the 2013 and 2016 concerts yes, but they sold out very quickly. You can wait and see, I don't think second-hand ticket prices will change much.

      Also as I wrote in the FAQ section of this article, at the 2016 concert both day 1 and day 2 had the exact same set list. It wasn't a part 1/part 2 concert and I doubt they would change it for this concert. The reason they extended it to 2 days was so that more people could attend, hence why it's the same on both days.

      Delete
  9. Thanks to your guidance, I'll be able to attend to the live.
    I just want to know something about the event itself, so I know that it's clear that you are not allowed to record or use electronic devices on the live, but I will be carrying some stuff in a bag pack, I won't have a place to leave my things, I want to know if that will be a problem or I can have my bag with me inside the live. It will be some clothes, chargers and maybe a tablet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There will be lockers to put your stuff into at the event, or you could even leave it in a locker at a nearby train station. Whatever you bring with you they'll probably do a bag check at the entrance and ask if you have any recording devices. If you just say no there won't be any problems.

      Delete
  10. Any chance there will be ID checks?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pretty slim, I'd say. There were no ID checks in 2013 or 2016, I doubt there would be any this time. If they do, they usually announce ahead of time. We'll see.

      Delete
  11. For previous lives, how much time after lottery ended did they announced the general sale?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hopefully you'll get a notification on this, any idea if there will be a call guide? I'd like to contribute or at least secure a copy if one is being made. Please let me know if you find out anything! Already secured day 2 tickets!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hm... for the 2016 live I saw a call guide get passed around on Twitter but I haven't seen one for 2018 yet. I'm sure someone is making one, but you should feel free to make your own I doubt there will be one available in English.

      Delete
  13. Hey I saw your tweet about your ticket, congratulations.
    But it made feel uneasy, because I haven't received any updates on the tickets, should I just wait a little bit longer?
    And since is one of the ones that were given with the codes in the Blu rays, it will be a premium ticket right? I mean for the seating arrangement.
    Thanks in advance.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry for the late reply!

      Last week on February 7th, the tickets became printable with the code. I'm not sure what your situation is, did you ask for them to ship the physical ticket to you? Maybe that's why it's taking so long. Otherwise, there are tickets going on sale to the public on February 17th!

      Delete
    2. Actually one of them arrived yesterday in the mail,
      It says B-6 block, since I have no idea of what that is, is it a good seat?
      I will wait this week in case the others arrived.

      Delete
  14. Thanks for the info, even if this live event is already over.
    I also looked at http://www.symphogear-axz.com/live2018/ and what you described here looks like what is listed under "3月3日(土)公演対象プレミア先行抽選販売" and "3月4日(日)公演対象プレミア先行抽選販売". Can you tell me what "一般発売" and "チケットぴあ先行受付※抽選受付" are? To me they look like alternative ways to obtain tickets without having to buy the BD.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry for the late reply.

      一般発売 means "general sales," which means you don't have to have any sort of code to participate.

      チケットぴあ先行受付 means "reservations via Ticket Pia" which is a website where you can submit your intention to buy a ticket

      抽選受付 means "lottery application" and that's what you fill out in order to receive a ticket from the lottery of available seats

      Delete