Sunday, October 4, 2020

Symphonia x Symphogear comes to an end

All right! I finished playing through the event - it was a ton of fun! There were a lot of great moments between the characters and although it was a short-lived adventure, you could really feel a bond that developed between everyone. Maybe someday they'll meet again? One can hope! Hit the jump for translations of stages: 7, 8, 9 and 10. 



Stage 7: Determined to Save the World


Tsubasa: Ngh… it seems I fell asleep.

Kanade: If you’re still tired, feel free to keep resting.

Tsubasa: No, I’ve rested enough. Surely you must be feeling tired, Kanade.

Kanade: This has all been a walk in the park for me.

Kanade: Although, I will admit I’ve got a craving to eat something yummy.

Tsubasa: Where is Maria?

Kanade: Watching over Colette. She’s been nursing the poor thing non-stop, but I hope she realizes what happened isn’t her fault. 

Maria: ….

Colette: Ugh…

Maria: What’s wrong? Just tell me if you want any water, I’ll help you drink some.

Colette: Tha… nk… you…

Maria: I’ve lost count of how many times you’ve said that. You don’t have to keep thanking me.

Tsubasa: How is she doing?

Maria: …She’s in bad shape. Even if she tries to sleep, the pain just wakes her up. 

Tsubasa: I see… I wish there was something we could do for her.

Kanade: The only thing we can do is get that antidote as quickly as possible.

Tsubasa: Yes, but it’s dangerous for us to move around when it’s dark. We’ll have to wait for the sun to come up.

Genis: Ah, so this is where you guys were. I need to talk to you about something, so will you all gather up?

Kanade: Sure, we’re on our way.

Maria: I’m sorry, I’d like to stay here…

Genis: Oh, that’s right. We should probably stick close to Colette. Okay, I’ll just go gather up Lloyd and the rest. 

Tsubasa: Seems like he’s got something important to say.

-Time passes-

Lloyd: …So Genis, what’s this thing you need to talk with us about?

Genis: It’s regarding what Colette said about that Eternal Sword-lookalike being a fake.

Kanade: Just to be clear, you’re talking about the sword that’s jammed in the device thingy, right?

Genis: Yes. If Colette is right about that being a fake, it would explain all of the stuff that Luciel was yelling about.

Lloyd: He kept saying “Give me the Eternal Sword” and stuff.

Maria: Yeah, I remember hearing that.

Genis: Exactly. If the sword in the device really was the Eternal Sword, it wouldn’t make sense for him to say that.

Tsubasa: It seems reasonable to assume that it’s a fake then.

Presea: Does that mean we can break that device without it being a problem?

Genis: That’s still hard to say…

Genis: However, based on everything Luciel has said and done, that device almost certainly has some sort of function to help maintain the island.

Maria: That reminds me, he seemed awfully flustered when we first found that device. 

Genis: This is just one possibility, but…

Genis: If we successfully break that device and this area of space-time gets destroyed, then I believe we’ll be thrown to somewhere else in this world. 

Lloyd: So then, this island is definitely part of Tethe’alla?

Genis: Very likely. Which means there’s a good chance that we’ll be saved. The problem is, there’s no guarantee that Tsubasa and the others will make it back to their world. 

Tsubasa: Worst case scenario, destroying that device takes away any chance of us being able to return home. Is that right?

Genis: …..

Colette: Uhhg… I… I…

Maria: Colette, don’t try to push yourself right now. I’ll listen to everything you have to say later. 

Colette: Ugh…

Maria: (Her hand is so small… Even though this girl is suffering so much, is holding her hand really the only thing I can do for her?) 

Maria: I want to do what it takes to save Colette.

Maria: No matter how this turns out in the end, I’m prepared to live with the consequences!

Tsubasa: Maria…

Kanade: I’m down with that, count on me to stick with you until the very end. 

Kanade: I’m not going to leave our new friends and my new partner out in the cold!

Presea: Am I… your partner?

Kanade: Yep. As long as that doesn’t bother you.

Presea: It feels… a little strange to be called that. But it’s not unpleasant. 

Tsubasa: Maria, Kanade… I…

Tsubasa: (Even I want to do what it takes to help save this world. But I have my own mission to uphold. And that’s why…)

Maria: It’s okay. You don’t have to force yourself to give us an answer right now.

Kanade: It’s a hard decision to make, after all.

Lloyd: Let’s end the discussion for now.

Lloyd: We have to go to those ruins again tomorrow. So everyone should do their best to try and rest up.


-Intermission- 


Tsubasa: (I suppose it’s because I fell asleep earlier, but I can’t seem to sleep now.)

Tsubasa: Hm?

Lloyd: ….

Tsubasa: Planning to go the ruins on your own?

Lloyd: …I would never be that reckless. Charging in without thinking would just get me killed.

Lloyd: I can’t afford to lose here, so I know I need to have a proper strategy first. 

Tsubasa: That’s pretty levelheaded. 

Lloyd: To be honest, I want to save Colette ASAP. But more than anything, I want to do that in a way that doesn’t hurt any more of my friends. 

Tsubasa: Yeah, there’s nothing more painful than seeing your friends get hurt.

Lloyd & Tsubasa: Hm?!

Lloyd: I knew they’d come…!

Tsubasa: This presence… it’s coming from the ruins?

-Beasts appear-

Tsubasa: I see now. You were patrolling around because you expected beasts to come after us.

Lloyd: Wanna lend me a hand?

Tsubasa: Of course, I’ll lend you my blade!

Lloyd: Okay, then let’s do this!


-Battle-


Tsubasa: Rest in peace!

-She defeats a beast-

Lloyd: It looks like that was the last one.

Tsubasa: Yeah. I’m glad we took care of them without bothering the others.

Tsubasa: Time and again, you prove your strength and skill.

Lloyd: …You’re just exaggerating. I wasn’t even able to protect my friends properly. 

Tsubasa: You mean Colette?

Lloyd: Yes… I was right next to her, but I couldn’t do a damn thing. I’m supposed to be the one who keeps her safe…

Lloyd: That’s why I know I’m still a weakling.

Tsubasa: Acknowledging your weaknesses is a sign of strength. Plus, you have an unwavering heart that keeps you in check. 

Lloyd: Keeps me in check? 

Tsubasa: Deep down you want nothing more than to run to the ruins right now. But your heart is keeping those intense emotions in check.

Tsubasa: Holding back your rage and being able to make reasonable decisions that benefit all your friends is proof that you have a strong heart. 

Lloyd: A strong heart, huh? I just feel like I’m getting desperate to keep both my friends and my world safe…

Tsubasa: For both your friends and the world…

Tsubasa: If worst comes to worst, you would allow me the honor of joining you on that journey? 

Lloyd: What?! No, but…

Tsubasa: Watching all of you fight made me think: As a defender, I want to use my power to help save your world. 

Lloyd: ….

Lloyd: I appreciate the thought and that’s enough for now. We won’t know how this is all going to play out until the very end.

Tsubasa: Right, that’s reasonable. 

Tsubasa: For the time being, is it all right if I help keep lookout until morning?

Lloyd: Sure, let me swap with you. To be honest, I’m feeling sleepy.

Tsubasa: Very well. I shall be the first lookout for tonight. I’ll come wake you up when it’s time to change, so rest until then.

Lloyd: I’m gonna be mad if you just stay by yourself until morning. You better come wake me up.

Tsubasa: I know. I wouldn’t do anything to upset you.

Lloyd: Okay, then goodnight for now.

Tsubasa: Yes, goodnight.


-Intermission-


Maria: So he was only using humans for his experiments?

Genis: My memory is kind of fuzzy because of the drug he used to make me fall asleep. But I started to remember more of what Luciel said. 

Genis: He said the new High Exsphere could only be produced using humans, which is why he couldn’t use me for that.

Tsubasa: What does that mean? Aren’t you human?

Lloyd: No, well, he…

Genis: I think it’s okay to tell these people. I’m not a human, I’m actually half-elf. 

Tsubasa: A half-elf?

Genis: Meaning that both human and elf blood runs in my veins. So I’m not actually a human.

Kanade: Is that like some big secret you have to keep?

Genis: In our world, people like me aren’t treated very well. So my sister and I live our lives while hiding that fact.

Genis: Anyways, back to what I was saying, Luciel’s goal is to use the Eternal Sword to create his own world. 

Lloyd: Which means that other sword was definitely a fake.

Tsubasa: What makes you say that?

Lloyd: Because if he actually had the Eternal Sword, the he would have created his new world already.

Maria: That makes sense.

Lloyd: And I’ve had my suspicions for awhile, about that sword not being the real thing.

Genis: Huh, really?! Then why didn’t you say anything?

Lloyd: Sorry. I wasn’t actually certain of it. 

Lloyd: But now, Colette is saying it’s a fake. And I don’t think she’s wrong. 

Presea: Okay… then where is the actual Eternal Sword?

Lloyd: That’s our real problem. If Luciel hasn’t found it, then who knows where it could be.

Lloyd: Somehow I get the sense that it’s close by, but…

Tsubasa: You sense it? 

Lloyd: Well, it’s nothing, forget it. 

Genis: It would be best if we could secure the real Eternal Sword before we tried to break that device.

Lloyd: And if we have the Eternal Sword, then we can send these ladies back to their original world.

Genis: But considering Colette’s condition, we don’t have a lot of time.

Presea: Not to mention… it’s not clear how long this island will continue to exist.

Tsubasa: Which means we need to take action now. 

Kanade: Yeah, there’s nothing to think about at this point.

Tsubasa: Our first step is getting that antidote.

Maria: I’m joining whoever is going after the antidote.

Lloyd: ….

Tsubasa: We have no time. Let’s head right for the ruins. Someone else can look after Colette…

Lloyd: No, this isn’t going to work. 

Tsubasa: What’s the problem?

Lloyd: It’s true that I want to save the world, but I’m not willing to let your wish to go home be sacrificed just to do it!

Tsubasa: We understand how you feel. But this is the decision that we made ourselves. 

Kanade: There will be time to figure out how we can get back to our world after we’ve saved yours. 

Lloyd: Yeah, but-!

Maria: The members of S.O.N.G. are the best of the best. I’m sure they’ll find a way to get to us.

Lloyd: You guys…

-Rumbling-

Tsubasa: Gah! Another quake!

Presea: This is a huge one!

Genis: Wh-what’s that?! Look, over there! The sky is starting to fall apart!

Maria: The island has started to collapse!

Tsubasa: There is no time left now. Let’s bring this to an end and get off this island!

Lloyd: Ugh…

-Beasts appear-

Tsubasa: Of all the possible times!

Kanade: They’re just gonna keep coming without giving us a break.

Lloyd: Whatever, we’ll save further discussion for later!


-Battle-


Kanade: Dammit… We don’t have time to be wasting on these guys!

Maria: I think the time between quakes is getting shorter and shorter!

Colette: Ahhh!

Lloyd: Colette! What’s wrong?!

Genis: Her condition is only getting worse… at this rate…

Colette: Lloyd… I’m still okay…

Lloyd: You’re the total opposite of okay!

Colette: I’m fine, so just…

Lloyd: ….

Lloyd: Colette, I’m gonna do whatever it takes to save you!

Maria: Yes, we’re going to get that antidote no matter what!

Kanade: And we’re gonna kick that sleazeball’s ass while we’re at it!

Tsubasa: Time to go, let’s head for the ruins! We’re going to put an end to all of this!

Lloyd: Right. We’ll save Colette, and then we’re gonna find the Eternal Sword…

Lloyd: Sylvarant, Tethe’alla, and all of you…

Lloyd: I’m going to save everything!




Stage 8: For Our Friends!


Genis: I hope everyone is okay…

-Flashback-

Lloyd: I’m leaving Colette in your hands. We can’t afford to bring her to the ruins with us. 

Genis: Huh?! Wait a second, I want to go with you!

Lloyd: Please, Genis. There’s no one else I can trust with this. I need you to protect Colette. 

Genis: …Okay fine. Then take this with you.

Lloyd: Is this a map?

Genis: I drew it while we had downtime yesterday. If you have this, you should be able to make it through even if the party gets split up in a trap.

Presea: Thank you very much, Genis.

Genis: Don’t mention it. This is about all I can do for you guys…

Lloyd: We’ll gladly make use of it. Okay, let’s move!

-Flashback ends-

Genis: ….

Genis: (Is staying here really the only thing I can do?)

Genis: (If I hadn’t gotten captured, then Colette wouldn’t be in this mess.)

Colette: Ugh….

Genis: (I have to think of some way to counteract the poison. Even I can’t totally cure her, maybe I can temporarily relieve the pain.)

Genis: Wait! That’s right! Curry!

Genis: With the medicinal properties of that recipe, it just might work. But I need ingredients…

Genis: There was a food warehouse! Maybe I can find what I need there!

Genis: Just hang tight, Colette. I’ll be back in a jiffy!


-Intermission-


Lloyd: Get the hell out of my way!

-Slices beast-

Tsubasa: As we expected, the ruins are filled with beasts. The more time we waste on them, the more fatigue will set in.

Tsubasa: But where is the antidote?

Kanade: I think the room we saw him using it in is right around here…

Presea: This is the correct direction, but it should be further in. Looking at the map… it should be about here, I think.

Lloyd: It’s past that room with the device.

Maria: So we just have to aim for that room first, then.

Kanade: Okay, so if we take a right at this corner…

Presea: No good. The ruins are falling apart and blocked the path.

Kanade: These ruins were already pretty beat up to begin with. Most of the inside is probably already like this. 

-Beasts appear-

Tsubasa: Tsk, they got behind us! There are way more of these things than before!
Lloyd: We’re in a hurry! Let’s cut a path through them and go straight for that room!


-Battle-


Kanade: I dare you to get in my way! Anything that’s in front of me is getting cut down!

-Presea and Kanade charge through beasts-

Presea: To be more precise, “anything that’s in front of us”.

Kanade: Hahaha, true that!

Lloyd: Gotta go straight, even farther in!

-He cuts down a beast-

Lloyd: Okay, let’s keep this u-

-A beast appears and jumps around him-

Lloyd: What?! One acted as a decoy so another could get behind me?!

-Tsubasa attacks it-

Tsubasa: Don’t get too focused on what’s in front, or else you’ll miss what else is around you!

Lloyd: Sorry, thanks for the save.

Tsubasa: It’s good to proceed towards your goal, but it’s important to maintain perspective as you do so.

Lloyd: You’re right, I might have gotten a little anxious.

Tsubasa: But the fact of the matter is we need to hurry. So we’ll cover you as best we can.

Lloyd: Right! I’m counting on you!

Maria: There are too many of them. They’re coming from all directions, probably because the noise is attracting them.

Kanade: There has to be a finite number of them, but we don’t have time to waste taking every last one down.

Maria: I have an idea. Tsubasa, Lloyd. Can we leave it to you to retrieve the antidote?

Presea: The rest of us… will hold them off.

Tsubasa: Wait! If anyone is gonna be the rear guard, it’s me!

Lloyd: We can’t just leave the 3 of you here!

Kanade: Lloyd, you wanna save Colette right? Then Tsubasa is the best partner to work with your fighting style.

Tsubasa: But even so!

Kanade: We don’t have the time to debate this!

Presea: Yes, just hurry and go now.

-Presea and Kanade shove Lloyd and Tsubasa-

Lloyd: What the hell?!

Kanade: We’ll follow after you once things calm down here!

Presea: That’s that. See you later.

-They destroy the wall and block the path-

Tsubasa: Kanade!! Gah, they cut us off…

Lloyd: Hey! What’s the big idea?!

Tsubasa: Forget it, they won’t be able to hear us now.

Lloyd: Those jerks…

Tsubasa: Let’s move. We have to keep going as far as we can.

Lloyd: I will get my hands on the antidote and come back. So you guys better stay alive until then!

-They go to the room with the device-

Lloyd: Is that Luciel?!

Luciel: ….

Tsubasa: Something seems strange about him. He’s clearly seen us, but he’s not making any moves…

Luciel: You want the antidote to save the girl, right? This is what you need right here.

Lloyd: That’s the antidote…? No, first I wanna know why you’re talking normally again! You were-

Luciel: A monster that had lost its mind? Well, you’re not wrong about that.

Tsubasa: Then, why…?

Luciel: I have flipped back and forth between human and beast more times than I can even remember. 

Luciel: However, the time I can spend as human and the time that I can maintain my human consciousness in beast form are both getting shorter and shorter.

Luciel: Soon enough, I will completely turn into a beast.

Lloyd: That doesn’t excuse what you did to Colette and my friends! Give us that antidote right now!

Luciel: Why? She’s finally turning into something that I can use in my experiment. Curing her now would be a waste.

Lloyd: Damn you… quit screwing with us!

Tsubasa: You monster… how many people have you tortured with that selfish attitude?

Luciel: Hahahaha! What do you care? You didn’t come here to execute me, now did you?!

-He destroys the vial-

Lloyd: No! Not the antidote!

Luciel: Too bad. That was the last one I had.

Lloyd: You bastard! How could you do that?!

Luciel: I have no time left!
Luciel: I’m going to use you all as guinea pigs and complete my research!


-Intermission-


Lloyd: God… damn you!

Tsubasa: Wait! Defeating him isn’t going to get us the antidote!

Lloyd: I know that. But I can’t just let him go…

Luciel: And what difference does that make!

-He attacks-

Tsubasa: Ugh!

Lloyd: Bastard! Enough of this already!

-Lloyd attacks-

Luciel: Yes, excellent! My calculations were right! You truly are the perfect specimens!

Lloyd: We’re not specimens! We’re humans!

Luciel: No, you’re specimens… my guinea pigs!

Luciel: You’re the perfect guinea pigs who have much more power than any ordinary human!

Tsubasa: Gah! You monster!

Luciel: Originally, all I tried to do was get my hands on the Eternal Sword. But it opposed my Infidore. 

Lloyd: Infidore… that’s the name of that fake Eternal Sword then?

Luciel: It’s not fake!

Luciel: My Infidore is perfect. Which is exactly why the power of the Eternal Sword resisted it! 

Lloyd: Wait, so the reason that we were brought here…

Luciel: Is because you were close to the Eternal Sword. No, perhaps I should say because you wielded it…

Luciel: And plus, something I hadn’t calculated for occurred. The door to a total unknown world was opened.

Tsubasa: That was our world!

Luciel: I was surprised at first, but then I realized it was a wonderful accident since it led to even more wonderful specimens for me!

Luciel: I would capture you all and then continue my research. 

Luciel: If I could prevent myself from completely turning into a beast, then all I had to do was find the Eternal Sword!

Lloyd: So, the Eternal Sword really is somewhere on the island!

Luciel: Indeed. However, you shall never lay hands upon it! Because I’m going to beat you into submission and find it myself!

Lloyd: As if!

Tsubasa: We have no business here if the antidote is gone. Ugh… Let’s retreat for now!

Lloyd: R-right…

Luciel: I’m not letting you get away!

-Beasts appear-

Tsubasa: Beasts from behind us?!

Luciel: Enough! It’s time to give up. There is no way for you to escape!


-Battle-


Lloyd: Sword Rain! Hurricane Thrust!

-He cuts down some beasts-

Lloyd: Did we get them all?

Tsubasa: Get down!

-She defeats another-

Lloyd: Thanks for the save. Wait, there are still more!

-He defeats them-

Tsubasa: I appreciate the assist!

Lloyd: These beasts are pretty damn good at hiding their presence. 

Luciel: Don’t think you can escape!

-He lashes out-

Lloyd: Ugh… such explosive power.

Luciel: No one is left to save you. All of the people on this island are doomed to become my specimens. 

Tsubasa: You madman!

Lloyd: There has to be a way for us to save Colette. I know it…

Luciel: Let this be the end of it!

Kanade: Nu-uh! The only one meeting his end today is you!

-Presea and Kanade attack-

Luciel: Gaawwgh?!

Tsubasa: Kanade!

Maria: Looks like we managed to catch up. The fact you’re running away must mean you got the antidote, right?

Tsubasa: I’m sorry. He destroyed all that was left…

Maria: No, I can’t believe it…

Maria: Fine, then we need to get out of here. There’s no point in staying to fight him.

Luciel: More guinea pigs lining up for me! This saves me the trouble of finding you!

Kanade: We ain’t your guinea pigs!

Luciel: However, you’re a little too lively for me. I suppose I really only need you to be breathing…

Presea: What are you planning?

-He attacks-

Kanade: Ugh!
Tsubasa: Kanade! Presea!

Presea: There isn’t a problem… it hard left a scratch.

Kanade: Heh, he talked tough but that attack was hardly a big deal. I’ve taken worse… ugh…

Maria: What’s wrong?!

Kanade: Ugh… what the hell… is all this pain?!

Presea: My whole body… is on fire…

Tsubasa: Oh no, did they get poisoned?!

Luciel: How does it feel to become my specimens?

Tsubasa: No, Kanade…!

Tsubasa: You’re going to pay for this!!

Lloyd: Bastaaaard!

Maria: Calm down! If you two end up getting hit with poison, we’re doomed!

Lloyd: Gah… I know that, but-!

Maria: We have to save the two who got hit!

Tsubasa: Maria is right. Losing our cool is exactly what he wants us to do.

Lloyd: Yeah, good point. Let’s get Presea and Kanade somewhere safe for now!

Luciel: As if I’d just let you get away!

-He attacks-

Tsubasa: Don’t let him hit you! If that attack of his lands a hit, you’ll get poisoned!

Maria: I know!

Lloyd: Hey, you two! Can you move?

Kanade: Of course. I won’t get taken out that easily…

Presea: Yes… but fighting in this state is impossible…

Maria: I’ll retreat while keeping these two safe. Cover me!


-Battle-


Tsubasa: *Panting*…

Maria: Just a little further…

Luciel: You have no way to escape, but you still intend to put up a fight, eh? I doubt those two can even more anymore.

Kanade: Ugh…

Luciel: Pointless struggling. No matter where you flee to, I-

Lloyd: Screw that! We’re not letting you have your way!

Luciel: Then allow me to give you a dose of poison. It will drain away your will to fight back.

Lloyd: That won’t be enough to stop me! I’m going to save everyone no matter what!!

Luciel: Very well, then I shall enjoy watching your heart slowly get shattered to pieces.

Genis: Prism Sword!

Luciel: Argh! Magic?!

Lloyd: Genis?! What are you doing here?!

Genis: I came to back you up, what else! Colette, help them out!

Colette: Sure, leave it to me.

Lloyd: Colette, you too?!

Luciel: But how?! You should be immobile from the poison! Why are you here?!

Genis: It’s all thanks to the curry I made. It’s got enough spice to burn that poison to nothing!

Luciel: That’s ridiculous!

Colette: Holy Song!

Tsubasa: This song… I feel a power welling up from inside of me!

Maria: I see, this is the song of the angels that she told me about.

Maria: (But wait, this feels just like phonic gain. Is Airgetlahm reacting to it…?)

Luciel: Argh… you stupid guinea pigs. But power like this is nothing for me to fear!

Colette: (Oh no, it’s not enough… we need more power…)

Lloyd: Don’t get reckless Colette!

Maria: (I can sing… I can sing together with her…)

Maria: ~~♪ ~~♪

Lloyd & Colette: Huh?!

Colette: (Maria… she’s matching my song.)

Genis: No way! Maria can use the Holy Song, too?!

Tsubasa: No… this is Airgetlahm tuning their phonic gain to match each other?! 

Colette: (I can feel the weight of Maria’s singing voice. The intensity is so much greater than when I sing it by myself…)

Kanade: I’d like to know a little more about the “songs” of this world.

Presea: Sure… I’ll explain when all of this is over.

Tsubasa: Can you two move now?

Kanade: Yeah, I’m not sure why. Hearing this song made the pain stop being so intense.

Presea: I’m not at full strength, but I won’t fall behind. 

Luciel: No… this isn’t possible…!

Lloyd: Okay, let’s all get the hell out of here!

Maria: Yes! Leave it to me!
Colette: I will also put forth my best for everyone!

Genis: I’m gonna do everything I can to make up for all my failures before!

Tsubasa: Time to wrap this up!



Stage 9: My Emotions that Resound with Yours


Lloyd: Raging Beast!

Tsubasa: Blue Flash!

Genis: Me too! Spiral Flare!

Luciel: How can they be this strong?! It must be because of that loathsome song!

-He attacks-

Lloyd: Guh! That’s not enough to keep me down!

Luciel: So, it’s an angelic spell that physically reinforces the body! Fine, all I have to do is stop you from singing it!

Maria: I’m not letting that happen!

Luciel: Get out of my way!

-He attacks-

Maria: That’s nothing!
Colette: Ugh…

-She passes out-

Genis: Colette?! Are you okay?! She just fell down…

Colette: *panting*

Tsubasa: She seems really weak! Did she use too much of the angel spell?

Genis: Overdoing the spell wouldn’t cause this. And she should be cured of the poison…

Luciel: Hahahaha! I knew it! The poison that I created could not be counteracted so easily!
Genis: That can’t be… I mean, I thought my antidote worked…

Colette: I’m just a little tired… I’ll be okay…

Maria: You’re lying.

Colette: Huh?

Maria: I have a friend just like you.

Maria: Despite her own suffering, she lies and pushes herself just to protect other people.

Maria: Her eyes look a lot like yours. Please, just be honest with me.

Colette: I’m sorry… the truth is… I’m not cured yet.

Genis: Colette…

Colette: But, I was happy Genis tried to help me and I wanted to protect everyone, so…

Maria: I knew it, then- Oh no!

Luciel: You can’t protect anything suffering from my poison like that!

-He attacks-

Maria: Gah… his attack feels stronger than before!

Kanade: Dammit… I’m suffering a relapse too. The pain is back…

Presea: Same here. I’m sorry…

Lloyd: The effects of Holy Song wore off!

Colette: If only I was stronger, then I could save everyone…

Maria: It’s fine. You’ve done more than enough already.

Colette: But I… I want to fight even more and keep everyone safe! Even if my body is torn to shreds!

Maria: Right, I understand. In that case, be reckless all you want. I’ll protect you from behind.

Maria: Just do as your heart desires! 

Colette: Thank you… Maria.

Maria: What is this light?

-Maria’s gear changes-

Maria: A resonance change… I see, this is your power. Then you and I can work together once again.

Maria: Colette… are you up for it?

Colette: Yes!

Maria: Respond to her song, Airgetlahm!

Colette: Thy faithful servant asketh for thy blessing. Honor us with the splendor of thy song…!

Maria: ~~♪ ~~♪

Colette: ~~♪ ~~♪

Tsubasa: Maria and Colette’s singing is harmonizing…

Maria & Colette: Holy Song!

Lloyd: What? Not only do I feel stronger, my wounds are actually healing?!

Luciel: What is this? What are you people?!

-Presea and Kanade attack-

Luciel: Aggrgh! Wh-what was that attack?!

Kanade: Payback for the poison! Hope you liked it!

Tsubasa: What happened to you two?

Presea: I don’t know. For some reason all of my pain and fear went away when I heard that song.

Luceil: This is ridiculous! You cannot possibly have been fully cured of my poison!

Lloyd: Wait, that means Colette must be too!

Colette: Yes, the feeling of fear inside of me is dissipating. I don’t feel any pain… I think this time I might be really okay!

Luciel: This cannot be… my specimens! 

Colette: I understand… you were upset and hurt by the fact that Mithos abandoned you. But revenge is not the way to go.

Luciel: Shut up! Silence, silence, silenceee! Guinea pigs like you know nothing!

Colette: Please, just stop hurting people. Even you must have a good side somewhere, right?

Luciel: Curse youu!!

-He attacks but is blocked-

Luciel: I can’t break through?!

Maria: You will not lay another finger on this girl! Ever again!


-Battle-


Luciel: Where are you going?! Guinea pigs have no right to rebel against the researcher! 

Colette: He’s still going on about that… He just won’t let us go!

Kanade: Even though we’re totally sick of him!

Maria: Yeah, but we can’t just let him keep following us like this!

-They attack-

Luciel: Impossible! This power of yours, I won’t allow it! 

Luciel: Just how long do you think it took me to develop that poison?!

Luciel: The High Exsphere! If I could just complete it then I would be unbeatable!

Lloyd: Screw you and your selfish research! I’m gonna tear it all down!

Tsubasa: You’ve hurt so many for your own greed and now you’re going to face the music!

Presea: You will meet your end here!

-They attack

Luciel: Curse youu!!

-He attacks-

Lloyd: Uh oh, is he getting even stronger?!

Genis: His Exsphere is glowing! He might be forcibly drawing power from it!

Luciel: I will slaughter him! The man who stole everything from me!

Tsubasa: He’s starting to rampage again!

Presea: The wall is starting to fall apart. The possibility of us getting buried alive in here is… 87%

Kanade: I ain’t staying here to die with this ugly mug!

Lloyd: If this place comes down, the device may get damaged. Let’s get out of here before a quake hits!

Luciel: Why?! How did this happen to me?! If only it weren’t for you meddling fools!!


-Battle-


Kanade: Okay! We got outside! But…

Luciel: You won’t get away! My guinea pigs!

-Beasts appear-

Presea: Why are there beasts here?!

Colette: Look, most of the island has been totally destroyed! 

Lloyd: So all of these beasts are just fleeing from the destruction!

Kanade: Does that mean every beast on the island is coming this way?!

Tsubasa: It’s too hard to fight against this many of them. If we have to deal with Luciel on top of that, it’ll be next-to-impossible.

Genis: Then what should we do?!

Lloyd: That guy said the Eternal Sword was somewhere on this island. We just have to find it and get out of here!

Maria: If the sword is here, then there are only a few places left it could be. But searching for it while fighting is impossible.

-A beast attacks-

Tsubasa: When did that one get here?!

Tsubasa: Ugh! My armed gear…!

-Tsubasa loses her sword-

Luciel: My guinea pigs!!

Kanade: Tsubasa, hold on I’m comin-

-Beasts attack-

Kanade: Where did they all come from?! Quit coming after me, dammit!

Tsubasa: Ugh, the only weapon I have now is… this old sword. It must be fate that we met on this island! I’ll put you to good use!

Luciel: YOU ALLLLL WILL BE EXSPHEREEEES!

Tsubasa: Gah!

Genis: You can’t hold out with just that janky sword!

Maria: I’m coming, hold on!

Colette: Stay out of my way!

-She defeats a beast-

Maria: Thanks, that cleared a path! Now I can reach Tsubasa-

-More beasts-

Kanade: Ugh! This seriously must be every beast on the whole island! How can we deal with numbers like these?!

Presea: We just have to beat them all.

Maria: Tsubasa! Just hold on for a little longer!

Tsubasa: You should be telling that to this sword instead!


-Intermission-


Luciel: ETERNAL SWORD! ETERNAL SWOOOOORD!

Tsubasa: I think this sword has reached its limit!

Maria: Tsk… we aren’t getting any closer to Tsubasa. In fact, we’re just getting driven further apart!

Kanade: Maybe we could throw Tsubasa her armed gear…!

-More beasts-

Kanade: Oh bloody hell! I’m getting sick of this! We can’t even get through to where her armed gear is!

Maria: We also can’t provide her decent cover from this distance!

Colette: Uwa! I’m getting pushed back!

Presea: There really is no end to these things!

Lloyd: There’s no choice… I’m gonna force my way over there! Back me up everybody!

Maria: Okay. I’m leaving it to you. Don’t miss your opportunity!

Genis: It’s all you, Lloyd!

Lloyd: Right!

Kanade: Okay, we’ll knock ‘em silly with a big attack. You better save Tsubasa and not screw it up!

Presea: We’ll make sure you can reach her, Lloyd!

Kanade: GET OUTTA THE WAAY!

-Kanade uses ANTARES BUSTER-

Lloyd: Sweet, now I can go!

-Beasts appear-

Lloyd: Even more of them?!

Maria: You have to get over to Tsubasa no matter what! Don’t stop and just keep moving!

Colette: Lloyd, we’ll help you!

Maria: I’m not letting you beasts get in his way!

-Maria uses Holy Judgement-

Lloyd: You guys… thanks a bunch! Now just leave it to me!

Luciel: Break! Shatter to pieces!

-He attacks Tsubasa-

Tsubasa: I’m not done yet!

-A beast attacks her-

Tsubasa: Uh oh! Luciel distracted me!

Luciel: BREAAAK!

Tsubasa: *gasp*!!

Lloyd: Don’t give up!!

-Lloyd jumps in front of her-

Tsubasa: What are you doing?!

Lloyd: Ugah!

Tsubasa: Why did you cover for me?! You should have known that attack was going to land!

Lloyd: There’s no way in hell I’m standing by and just watching my friend get hurt!

Tsubasa: You…

Lloyd: Here, take my sword. One of them got shattered by that last attack, but this one is still okay.

Lloyd: Use my sword and the one you have to deliver a two-blade attack and tear down that bastard!

Tsubasa: Very well, I’ll take that zeal of yours to heart!

Tsubasa: Using this life you saved and this sword you lent me... Luciel shall be defeated!

-A glowing light appears-

Tsubasa: The swords are… glowing?!

Tsubasa: S-somehow the swords are changing shape?!

Lloyd: Wait, that sword is…!

Luciel: THE ETERNAL SWOOORD?!

Tsubasa: This is… the Eternal Sword?!


-Intermission-


Lloyd: There’s no mistaking it! That’s the Eternal Sword!

Tsubasa: I knew it… this is the sword I saw when we were teleported here.

???: My child… let the resounding emotions be your song.

-Tsubasa’s gear changes-

Tsubasa: The resounding emotions…

Lloyd: What’s with that getup? Wait, did you hear that voice?!

Tsubasa: Yes I felt like I heard something. But now’s not the time to worry about that!

Tsubasa: Take it, Lloyd! This Eternal Sword!

Lloyd: Sure, but… I’m not in the best shape…

-There is a glowing light from the sword that revitalizes him-

Lloyd: Wait, what…? Oh, I see.

Lloyd: Thank you!

Luciel: ETERNAL SWOOOOOORD!
Lloyd: You’ll never get your hands on this! We need it to save the world - to save everyone!!

Tsubasa: Time to end this, Lloyd!

Lloyd: Sure thing, Tsubasa!

Lloyd: If one sword has a power of 100, then 2 is 200! That means both of us together makes 400!!

Tsubasa: En guarde!


-Battle-


Tsubasa: I’ve already seen all of your moves!

Lloyd: You can’t beat us!

Luciel: D-damn youuu!!

-He attacks-

Lloyd: You keep on attacking and we’ll just…

Tsubasa: …charge in at every opening!

-They attack-

Lloyd: (I don’t even need to ask. I already know how Tsubasa will move and how I should respond!)

Tsubasa: (This isn’t just two people using twin blades. We are unified in body and soul, so this is a quad blade style!)

Luciel: I SHALL CREATE MY IDEAL WOOORLD!

Lloyd: Nobody can create a world that only they wish for! Because the world doesn’t belong to just a single person!

Luciel: MY REVEEEENGE!

Tsubasa: No matter how miserable or painful the world is, people can always join hands and live on together!

Lloyd: The bonds between people and the emotions that create them! These are our…!

Tsubasa: Our…!

Tsubasa & Lloyd: Swoooords!

-Tsubasa uses Falcon’s Crest-

Luciel: URGAAAH!

Luciel: The world… my life… it’s all ending…

-He dies-

Lloyd: We finally did it!

Genis: Lloyd! No time to party, the island is-!

Lloyd: I know. Let’s hurry!

Tsubasa: Yeah, but let me say one thing. That was some amazing swordsmanship, Lloyd!

Lloyd: Yeah! Doing that unison with you was the best thing ever, Tsubasa!



Stage 10: To Their Respective Worlds


Lloyd: All right, I think it’s about time that we destroyed this Infidore thing. Everyone ready?

Tsubasa: Yeah, let’s see this through to the end!

Lloyd: Watch this! Falcon’s Crest!!

-Time passes-

Kanade: Kinda too late to ask, but are we sure it was okay to destroy it?

Genis: I feel like the destruction of the island has only gotten faster.

Lloyd: It’s okay. When the seal on the Eternal Sword was lifted, everything was explained to me.

Maria: What do you mean, the sword told you?

Lloyd: Yeah, more or less. 

Lloyd: What happened this time is that the Eternal Sword was temporarily sealed when it came into contact with Tsubasa’s unknown power.

Lloyd: As Tsubasa and I came to know and trust each other, that “unknown” power became something “familiar” instead, which undid the seal.

Genis: Lloyd… I didn’t really understand any of that.

Lloyd: Um… well, let’s not sweat the details.

Kanade: The island is disappearing more as we speak, are you sure it’s okay?

Lloyd: We’re all good. Before this place falls apart entirely, I’ll send you back to your world.

Tsubasa: You can do that?

Lloyd: I told you before, the Eternal Sword is capable of it. I just gotta slice like this…!

-He cuts open a portal-

Lloyd: I had the Eternal Sword connect our worlds. If you go through this, it will definitely get you back home.

Kanade: Are you really sure it connects to our world?

Lloyd: Yep. Apparently because my bond with Tsubasa is very strong right now, I was able to do it.

Tsubasa: Because of that, huh?

Lloyd: Yep. I don’t know if I could manage to do it later down the line, though.

Kanade: That’s too bad. I thought it might be fun being a woodcutter with you. 

Presea: I wanted to see you perform on the stage, myself.

Genis: I would have liked to see that too…

Kanade: If we meet again, I’ll make sure you get extra special seats! Look forward to it!

Genis: For real?! All right!

Presea: Great, I’m looking forward to it.

Colette: I guess this is goodbye. Makes me sad to think about…

Maria: Same here. I would be lying if I said I didn’t feel sad. But, by some chance, we could meet again someday.

Maria: So let’s make this a happy goodbye. I really enjoyed the time we spent together.

Colette: Yeah, I really had fun feeling like I had a big sister. Let’s cook again together sometime, Maria.

Maria: I-I told you not to call me big sister.

Tsubasa: Lloyd, let me return your sword. This is the one I borrowed from you in battle. We were saved thanks to this.

Lloyd: I want you to have it. It’s not exactly super important to me… plus, I think it belongs to you now!

Tsubasa: Really? Then I shall accept it as a token of our friendship. I’ll treasure it.

Lloyd: Haha, make sure you keep using it. I’d feel bad for the sword if you just hung it up like a decoration somewhere.

Tsubasa: Haha, then I’ll do as you say.

Lloyd: …Well, the island is about to go poof. This is goodbye for real.

Genis: Thanks for everything!

Presea: It was a struggle, but even more than that… it was fun. Goodby… no, see you again someday.

Kanade: I had a blast, too! See ya!

Colette: I’ll never forget you! Thank you from the bottom of my heart!

Maria: No need for thanks. You saved us just as much as we saved you.

Lloyd: Peace out… It would be nice to see you again someday. If that happens, let’s spar again.

Tsubasa: Most definitely!


-Time passes-


Lloyd: Nnn… where are we?

Colette: Lloyd, are you okay?

Genis: You scared us, collapsing suddenly like that. Jeez, did you stay up too late or what?

Presea: If you are feeling tired… it’s best not to push yourself.

-Lloyd flashes back to what happened-

Lloyd: Huh? I just saw…

Lloyd: (What? What was that?)

Colette: Don’t tell me you got hurt?!

Lloyd: No, I’m not hurt. Anyways, Colette! Where’s everybody else?

Colette: Everybody else?

Genis: My sister and the others are waiting over there.

Lloyd: Oh… I see, of course…

Colette: Are you sure you’re okay?

Lloyd: I’m good. It’s nothing.

Colette: I’m glad!

Lloyd: Sorry to worry you guys. Let’s head for where Mithos is. We’re going to return this world back to how it should be!!





THE END

2 comments:

  1. Great works, thank you so much.
    Can i use your translation for my video ?

    ReplyDelete