Saturday, October 10, 2020

Symphonia Bonuses

Hi again! I'm back for a final post on this. 

Hit the jump for translations of the bonus stage and the memoria from the Symphonia event. 

That completes all of the material from this event. I hope you enjoyed it! One of the fan groups that recreates events on their web player will be adding this event some time down the road. Keep an eye on their twitter for more details! 



Bonus: The Fairy Tale Continues

(Takes place after Stage 10)


Maria: …It looks like we’ve made it back.

Kanade: I feel like I just woke up from a really long dream…

Tsubasa: Yeah, it’s like we got swept up in some kind of fairy tale or fantasy adventure…

Tsubasa: But that definitely wasn’t a dream or illusion.

Maria: Actually, this area… it’s the exact same spot we were in before we got sucked into that world.

Kanade: Oh yeah, we were in the middle of a mission. I’m guessing all those reports we got must be because the two worlds got connected.

Maria: Magic, beasts and angels. There’s no doubt all of that must have come from the other world.

Tsubasa: When I first heard the reports, I couldn’t even imagine how we were going to deal with all of that, but…

Maria: Let me guess, now it doesn’t even make you bat an eye?

Tsubasa: Yes, anything could appear and it wouldn’t shake me.

Kanade: This experience is gonna come in handy for sure.

Tsubasa: Not just that, I learned a lot of strategies and sword techniques from that boy.

Tsubasa: I hope to spar with him again someday.

Maria: Same here. I’d love to sing a duet with that girl when a more peaceful time comes along.

Kanade: But man, those gels that recover your stamina sure were helpful! And yummy, too!

Tsubasa: …..

Tsubasa: I wonder if they safely made it back to their own world...

Kanade: You don’t have to worry about them, they’ll be fine.

Maria: I hope Colette and her group are successful in their journey. 

Kanade: They’ll pull it off, they’ve got Presea with them.

Tsubasa: Let’s do the same and put in more work to assure that our world stays safe!

Tsubasa: We don’t want to fall short in comparison to Lloyd and the others!


The End



Memoria: Colette’s Cooking Class
(Takes place somewhere between Stages 3 and 4)


Tsubasa: We’ve got plenty of lumber now thanks to Kanade and Presea. I would like to furnish our base a little more, but what? 

Lloyd: In that case, how about we make a kitchen?

Maria: That would certainly be nice to have.

Lloyd: As long as somebody finds ingredients, I can whittle up utensils, tools and whatever else we need.

Tsubasa: You really are quite skilled with your hands, Lloyd. It’s amazing how you can make things so quickly.

Colette: The reason Lloyd is so good at it is thanks to his dad. He’s a blacksmith that can make all sorts of things!

Lloyd: When I was little, I would sneak a peek at my dad working in his shop. I also helped him out with lots of simple jobs.

Tsubasa: I see. That explains it.

Kanade: Hey, we’ve got more lumber we’re adding to the pile here.

Tsubasa: Thanks for all your hard work, you two.

Presea: Please let us know if there’s any other material you need. We can gather it right away.

Kanade: Boy, I’m starving. Ain’t there anything to eat around here?

Maria: It is close to lunch time, now that you mention it. What should we do about ingredients?

Kanade: Hunting down ingredients while hungry only makes me more tired… we should have stockpiled them first.

Maria: That’s a good point, but nothing we can do about it now.

Presea: When hunting in nature it’s important to only take what you need when you need it. I believe that’s… how we should operate.

Kanae: Well yeah, that’s true but…

Tsubasa: If we want to eat sooner rather than later, we should split up and start searching for ingredients. 

Kanade: Yeah, that sounds reasonable. Well then, let’s get moving!

-They split up and search-

Lloyd: Are you knowledgeable about wild plants and such?

Tsubasa: I wouldn’t say I’m particularly knowledgeable, but I know enough not to cause any problems.

-Maria comes running-

Maria: I’m glad I found you two! Have you seen Colette anywhere?!

Tsubasa: No, she hasn’t come this way…

Lloyd: Wait, has she gone missing?!

Maria: I thought she was following behind me, but suddenly she was just gone.

Lloyd: Something might have happened to her!

Tsubasa: It’s possible she only got lost somewhere. Let’s not panic and split up to look for her. 

Maria: Okay. I’ll keep my eye out for her and go let the others know.

-They search-

Tsubasa: It looks like someone passed by here recently. This grass looks flattened in a human shape, don’t tell me…

-A dog barks-

Tsubasa: ?!

Colette: Where did you come from, doggy? It’s dangerous on this island because of all the beasts.

Dog: *Panting*

Tsubasa: I figured you must be close by.

Colette: Oh, hi Tsubasa. Look, I found a doggy!

Dog: Arf!

Tsubasa: That’s nice, but you were supposed to be partnered with Maria. You can’t just go off-

Colette: Huh?! Oh my gosh, did we get separated?! I was just so curious about this doggy I ended up chasing after it…

Tsubasa: Anyway, we need to go back to the base for now. What should we with this dog?

Colette: Ah! It ran off?!

Tsubasa: I suppose that it wasn’t very fond of me…

Colette: That’s not true. I’m sure that doggy just had other things to do!

Colette: It’ll come back to visit us again, I bet. 

-They return-

Maria: So… you went off frolicking with a dog?

Colette: I’m really sorry for causing a fuss by getting lost…

Lloyd: Be more careful next time.

Colette: I will. If I see another dog, I’ll be sure to tell everyone else first.

Kanade: Now that we know she’s okay, let’s start getting ready to eat. Running around made me even more hungry…

Tsubasa: Okay, I’ll be the chef for today. I would feel bad not contributing as much as the rest of you have.

Maria: Huh? You’re going to cook?

Tsubasa: Yes. Mr. Ogawa has been teaching me the basics lately. My cooking should have improved since last time.

Lloyd: Oh? I’m excited to see what you’ll make.

Tsubasa: Keep your expectations high!

Maria: (Let’s just help her out when she gets overwhelmed…)

-Tsubasa starts cooking-

Tsubasa: Now this is a setback… The convenient cooking tool I used before isn’t here.

Tsubasa: Cooking it the way I was taught isn’t going to be possible like this…

Colette: How’s the food coming along?

Tsubasa: About that, if I have to be honest… I’m struggling. I never thought I would have this much trouble just using new tools…

Colette: Okay, then I’ll help you out.

Tsubasa: But it’s supposed to be my duty today…

Colette: Consider this me paying you back a favor for finding me earlier. Does that sound good?

Tsubasa: Well I can’t refuse when you put it that way. Very well, let’s cook together. 

Colette: Great!

Maria: …If Colette is going to help her, then I guess we don’t need to keep watching.

Kanade: Yeah, let’s just wait for them to finish.

Presea: Sounds good.

Lloyd: Yo! I made some plates to put the food on. I’ll leave them over here.

Colette: Great, thank you Lloyd.

Colette: By the way, what were you trying to make?

Tsubasa: Well, I hadn’t decided exactly. For starters, I just tried cutting the vegetables…

Colette: Ummm, looking at what we have, I think a stew would be best.

Colette: We already have a pot, and it doesn’t require many tools.

Tsubasa: Makes sense. A stew can be made just by boiling the cut up ingredients, after all.

Colette: Exactly. Let’s start putting them in!

Tsubasa: Okay. What should we start with?

Colette: Um, each ingredient needs to cook for a different amount of time. Let’s start with the things that take the longest. 

Tsubasa: Very well, then this should be first…

-Time passes-

Tsubasa: Hey all, sorry to keep you waiting.

Lloyd: Wow! You made stew!

Presea: It looks very delicious. 

Tsubasa: I was able to make this yummy stew thanks to her help. I really appreciate it.

Colette: It was nothing. I just gave Tsubasa some advice, she did most of the cooking herself.

Tsubasa: I’m happy to hear you say that.

Kanade: It’s chow time! My tummy’s been grumbling for a while now.

Tsubasa: Then please allow me to start us off. Hands together and… thank you for the meal!

Group: Thank you for the meal!

Maria: How can this be…?! This is actually tasty even though Tsubasa cooked it!

Tsubasa: What is that supposed to mean?!

Lloyd: Yeah this is good stuff! Seconds please!

Colette: Hehe. I knew her stew would be a hit! And there’s plenty of seconds so eat your fill.

Tsubasa: …It really did turn out well. It’s quite fun to cook together with someone. 

Colette: I really enjoyed it too. Let’s cook again sometime.

-A dog barks-

Colette: Oh? It’s that dog again. It must have been attracted by the smell of the food.

Presea: Have you already given that dog a name?

Colette: Nope, I’ll do it now.

Maria: Why name it? Are you going to keep it?

Lloyd: Colette has a habit of giving names to random dogs she meets. And some of them can be, uh, silly.

Colette: They’re not silly. I think very hard before deciding on a name!

Maria: Okay then, what kind of name are you giving that dog?

Colette: This little guy is…. Tim!

Kanade: Oh, I like that name. Definitely looks like a Tim!

Tsubasa: It is a cute name. But if it were me, let’s see, I would call this dog… Nanami.

Kanade: Why that name?

Tsubasa: Because it has survived on this crazy island. I’m certain that it could survive the seven seas. (Nana = seven / mi = seas)

Lloyd: You know, it does look like one tough customer!

Colette: Nanami is also an adorable name! But the way its nose looks just says “Tim” to me…

Tsubasa: Okay, let’s put it to a vote. Everyone can decide which name they think is better.

Colette: Let’s do it!

Maria: Is it just me, or are we about to get dragged into something weird?

Kanade: C’mon, what harm could it do? Stuff like this is fun.

Presea: I also… want to think up a name to give it. And then I want to squish its little paw pads…

Lloyd: What happened to my refill of the stew…?


The End

No comments:

Post a Comment