Monday, July 29, 2024

Mini-Interviews with Minami Takayama & Hideo Ishikawa

Hi again! I'm still working on the next long-form interview, which will feature Yuka Iguchi (the actress for Miku). In the meantime, here are two very brief interviews with other notable members of the cast. Hope you enjoy!

 






Minami Takayama (Kanade Amou)

1. Please share your thoughts on Symphogear’s 10th Anniversary.


Congratulations to the Symphogear series for its big anniversary. And my heartfelt thanks to all the fans out there who supported the anime and game.

2. What was the “hypest” scene that you remember from the series?

Well, I’m not sure if it’s the “hypest”, but… I think Kanade and I would both agree that it has to be her Superb Song from episode 1 of season 1. The way she exhausts her life force just makes that scene the best. Although she appears again in flashbacks later on, I remember thinking “whoa, that’s it? She's gone?” after reading the script for episode 1 (laugh).


3. What scene or dialog from your character sticks out most in your memory?

“Don’t give up on living!” That line definitely sparked a fire in me when I recorded it. I shouted as if I were calling upon every cell in the human body that keeps us alive.


Hideo Ishikawa (Genjuro Kazanari)

1. Please share your thoughts on Symphogear’s 10th Anniversary.


Congratulations on 10 years! Realizing that 10 whole years have passed since season 1 actually makes me deeply emotional. Even after the series ended, it’s continued to be a part of my life thanks to the pachinko and slot machines they keep making (laugh)! I’m once again struck by how lucky I am to be involved with such a great series. I feel grateful for it.

2. What was the “hypest” scene that you remember from the series?

Those blazing hot and intense scenes from every season when the Symphogear girls sing their Superb Songs. Ever since Kanade's sacrifice, all the others girls have continued to return safely after using theirs, which really “hyped” me up.


3. What scene or dialog from your character sticks out most in your memory?

Considering how many times I’ve had to say it, probably “What, Gungnir?!” I’m a one-hit wonder. Just call me the “What?!” (Dato) guy. I’m pretty sure I've said it enough to come in second place after Kirka’s “Death!” (Dess).


The End

No comments:

Post a Comment