Monday, October 16, 2017

XD Translation Corner #6 - Fine Event Part 2

The event continues as Tsubasa, Hibiki and Shirabe further explore the parallel world. What exactly is Fine's goal in helping them escape? What happened to Div 2? Where is Genjuro? Are there any other familiar faces around? Read on and find out!








A Sagacious Ally: Fine (Part 2)

Along the hallways of Div 2 HQ, Fine leads the girls away from the room where they were held captive…


Fine: …Come this way. There are sensors near the floor, be careful not to get caught by them.
Tsubasa: …Understood.
Shirabe: What does all of this mean…?
Hibiki: Y-Yeah! First we find out the black suits aren’t part of Div 2 and now Ryoko-san is here! What’s up with this world?
Tsubasa: I-I’m just as clueless as you are.
Fine: Girls, could you drop all the secret chit-chatter?
Hibiki: We’re sorry!
Tsubasa: …To be frank, we’re having some doubts about whether to follow you or not.
Fine: …I suppose that’s to be expected. Very well, I’ll fill you in a little.
Fine: Right now Division 2 of the Singular Disaster Anti-Riot Unit is under the control of a certain armed group.
Hibiki: Under the control of an armed group…ehhh!? Are you saying Div 2 was taken over!?
Fine: Precisely.
Shirabe: And Commander Kazanari?
Fine: …Not here, he was called away by one of his superiors. If he had been around then they wouldn’t have had such an easy time, I’m sure.
Fine: Sigh, why did he have to go off at a time like this…
Tsubasa: (…Which means it’s safe to say this world’s Commander is pretty similar to our own)
Hibiki: Totally, if my Master were here there’d be nothing to worry about~  Um, so what about the others?
Fine: The other members of Div 2 are being confined in various locations, or moving about under heavy guard.
Hibiki: So everyone’s okay then…
Fine: …You seem quite familiar with Div 2 and its people.
Tsubasa: More importantly, why exactly is this armed group after us?
Fine: Because you were wore those gears and defeated the Noise.
Fine: The Symphogear system…this is the first time I’ve laid eyes on a completed version. It was supposed to be nothing more than a theory, except now here you are.
Fine: I suppose they just couldn’t help themselves after they saw it in action.
Tsubasa: Nothing more than a theory…which means that over here there are no Adaptors…
Fine: Over here, eh? Fufu… Indeed, there is no such existence as an “Adaptor” here.
Tsubasa: (Fine… Was her vessel in this world also Dr. Sakurai? At this point I can only guess as much…)
Tsubasa: …I have one more thing I’d like you to answer.
Fine: Very well. Ask whatever you wish. I’ve taken quite an interest in you girls as well.
Tsubasa: Your goal, is it-

Suddenly an alarm blares and red lights flash overhead.


Hibiki: Tsubasa-san!
Tsubasa: D-Damn, did they find us?
Fine: The security cameras… Tsk, they switched their positions. What petty tricks…
Fine: Our little chat will have to end here. We’re making our escape now!!

The group runs off, but it isn’t long before they run into their pursuers. The men pull their guns and start to open fire.

Suits: I see them over here! Don’t let them escape!
Fine: Tsk… They’re all over the place. We can’t take this route…
Shirabe: This way! I don’t see any of them down here!
Tsubasa: Tsukiyomi, wait! Over there is-
Shirabe: Eh!? No way, they were lying in wait!
Hibiki: Look out!
Fine: Damn it, I hate playing parent!
Shirabe: Ahh!
Fine: -!?

Fine rushes forward, pushing Shirabe out of the way of the oncoming bullets. They appear to hit Fine but her body suddenly exudes a purple aura, leaving her unharmed.


Shirabe: T-Thank you…
Fine: …Don’t fret over it.
Tsubasa: Over this way, you two!
Fine: …Let’s get moving.
Hibiki: Whoa-! There’s more of them over here!
Fine: Ugh, they’ve got us surrounded.
Fine: Adaptors aren’t something that can be replaced, yet they still insist on shooting their little guns…
Fine: Girls, what is it going to take for you to get those gears on and help us out of this mess?
Tsubasa: …If it comes to the worst, we’ll consider it. However a sentinel’s blade is not one to be held against people.
Hibiki: I don’t want to use my gear…to injure anyone.
Shirabe: …Me too. But even so, I don’t intend to just sit here and die.
Fine: Fufu…cheeky little girls aren’t you? I bet you could easily knock them over like bowling pins.
Fine: But so be it, things aren’t looking very good for us. We need a way out…

Suddenly a powerful explosion rocks the hallway, filling it with clouds of dust.

Hibiki: W-What was that?!
???: A hopeless situation with no way out. Times like those call for none other than myself.
Shirabe: Bwah!? T-That voice-
???: DOCTOR VEEEEER!


Ver’s Squad-member #1: Doctor! Why did you give away our position!?
Dr. Ver: Because I heard a voice calling out for me! A voice in fear!
Ver’s Squad-member #2: Forget it, hurry and spread out! Here come the enemy!
Dr. Ver: Sigh, my squad really has no sense of humor do they?
Fine: Long time, no see. Mr. Mad Scientist.
Dr. Ver: That’s not very nice. I’m quite sane, you know. In fact, my brain cells are infinitely superior to the average man!
Shirabe: Even the Doctor showed up…
Dr. Ver: Oh! You must be the young ladies who own those wonderful gears. You have no need to worry, for I am here!
Dr. Ver: Now, let’s leave that awful woman behind and escape together!
Hibiki: Eh!? What!? U-Uh…
Fine: I’m afraid they already have a date with me. Would you kindly step off?
Dr. Ver: As if! I’ve waited and waited for this once in a blue moon opportunity. I have no intention of letting it slip through my fingers!
Fine: I won’t let your hands anywhere near these girls.
Dr. Ver: Oh shut it, as if you’re any different than me! You only waltzed in here because of the Symphogear!
Fine: …I won’t deny that.


A new group of the black suits come running and yelling down the hallway.

Suits: They’re down here! This way!
Dr. Ver: Oh joy, enemy reinforcements. I hate people who can’t take a hint!
Fine: Fufu… Whatever shall you do?
Dr. Ver: Well I suppose there’s no choice. I’ll leave those girls in your hands for the time being.
Fine: That’s for the best.
Dr. Ver: Now then, girls!
Tsubasa: Eh, ah, yes…?
Dr. Ver: Don’t forget the one who saved you down here today was none other than me, Dr. Ver!
Hibiki: Ehhh… S-sure, we got it.
Dr. Ver: Heh heh, then I shall hold the enemy off. Well then, get running!
Ver’s Squad-member #1: We’re the ones actually holding them off though…
Ver’s Squad-member #2: Leave it, he’ll never stop if you don’t.
Fine: Having to follow this disaster of a doctor, I sympathize. But do stall them as long as you can.
Dr. Ver: Shut it! Nobody is taking orders from you!
Tsubasa: (Fine, and now Dr. Ver…in a world without the Symphogear. What exactly happened over here?)

The girls run off with Fine, leaving Ver and his squad behind as they make their escape.


TO BE CONTINUED

7 comments:

  1. EIYUUU DA! XD
    KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK

    ReplyDelete
  2. This world sure is a strange place... Or, maybe it just feels that way now that Dr Ver's shown up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for translations as always, keep it up!

    Quick question: what do I have to do to unlock outfits in the character room? (Specifically, the Gears; they all have something regarding "Lv.1" that I can't understand.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So each character card has an affinity meter - it's the bar that slowly builds up every time you use a character in a quest. You need to reach level 1 on that meter for multiple character cards to unlock some of the outfits. If you haven't unlocked any yet try going into the card library (bottom right of the card menu) and it might unlock some stuff for you.

      Delete
    2. Going into the library did it. Wow, I just unlocked everyone's Gear designs at once! Thanks for your help!

      Delete
  4. it’s because of doctor ver hands down .😓😑

    ReplyDelete
  5. GAH! Not this prick! No matter where in Symphogear we go, we just can't seem to escape this creep, can we?

    As for Fine, assuming that is still Ryoko she's using as a vessel, what woke her up if not the Aufwachen waves of Tsubasa activating an already completed Ame no Habakiri?

    Glad to be caught up with these translations though, you - sir or madam - have my undying gratitude.

    ReplyDelete