Monday, May 11, 2015

Nana Mizuki and Ayahi Takagaki comment on OP/ED

In a surprise to absolutely no one, Nana Mizuki (Tsubasa) and Ayahi Takagaki (Chris) were confirmed to once again perform a new opening and ending theme for Symphogear GX. In addition to the announcement they both had blog posts with some commentary regarding GX. In addition, the Symphogear twitter has been making more and more frequent posts. Hit the jump to see translations.








Nana Mizuki's blog post:

I want to hurry and sing Superb Songs with everyone!
Today on my radio program, Smile Gang, there was a happy announcement. On July 22nd, my 33rd single will be officially released! (≧∇≦)♪♪♪ And today was in fact the recording for the first song on the single, the opening for "Senki Zesshou Symphogear GX!" Just like the last one, I was put in charge of the lyrics! I took a week to work it to perfection after I read the script, which contains new characters and and a rising level of heated intensity. p(^_^)q The song and the lyrics are very Symphogear-esque. It was made from pure passion, so everyone please look forward to it ☆☆☆

Ayahi Takagaki's blog post:

My 9th single has been announced
Hello everyone! Finally I can talk about it!! I will be singing the ending theme of "Senki Zesshou Symphogear GX" that's starting this summer!!! Symphogear is now on its third season! I'm so overjoyed that it's been able to continue and I get to keep singing the songs!!! And of course the opening theme will be sung by my senpai, Nana Mizuki! I'll be sure to give it my very best, so that even the theme song will have as much passion and intensity as the series itself! And in fact!! I've already finished recording it!! When I first heard the demo tape, without even thinking I went "Ohh!" because it was so cool! I think everyone can keep high expectations for it and the anime. My 9th Single, the Symphogear GX ending, will go on sale July 29th! I will work hard to get out another single soon, please look forward to it!


Symphogear twitter account's recent activity:

May 9th: When the staff get together at drinking parties, we quickly start asking questions like "Who's your favorite character?" or "What's your favorite song?" It becomes a meeting of fans. Symphogear is made by a team of staff who loves it! (Except no one asked me who my favorite character was...)

May 10th: On days when I have an important job related to Symphogear I wear a pair of Symphogear Live 2013 boxers. Today I'm wearing Tsubasa! 

May 11th: Nana Mizuki and Ayahi Takagaki posted on their blogs regarding their work on the opening and ending themes of Symphogear GX! They've already finished recording them, and I can tell you they are on par with the 4 songs that came before them. Actually no, they will definitely be songs that hype you up even more than those did! 

2 comments:

  1. "after I read the script, which contains new characters and and a rising level of heated intensity." OMG MAYBE NEW SYMPHOGEAR USERS?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nana wrote the lyrics for all three of Symphogear's opening songs.

    ReplyDelete